Stock Tiger Fan Shroud / Nice Repo / Tunnel pcs.

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Hello -
Looking for a STOCK Tiger configuration FAN SHROUD , or ...........
if anyone knows of any reproduction one made (?)

I'm going to go with a Dale A. , Fluidyne Aluminum HD radiator , and a Shroud would be a nice addition .

Also ........... Any body have any Tiger trans tunnel pieces / patches of the area of the SHIFTER HOLE , from X frame hump , to floors , then forward to the first bell-housing transition ? Randy says ..... use pieces from a Mustang II (?)
Thought I would see for any here , or more ideas .

Bosspwrd -

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
Parts quest

No response . Either people hoarding the stuff waiting for prices to jump like Gold Bars , or Anti Social ( ? ) LOL !

Bosspwrd -

Warren

Gold forum user
Stuff

Sunbeam Spares sells the fan shroud in the UK.

Dale does his custom fitted to each individual car

Sunbeam Specialties may sell one too but they do not update their catalog very often.

The stock fan shroud does not fit so great with the older Fluidyne and I believe the core is way thicker on even the newer one. There are a couple of threads on the subject. The Griffin I have seen looks the closest to stock and fits within the sheet metal the best. I bet one could dress the TIG welds and paint it satin black and have a very convincing stock look.

I sold a back half of a Tiger that had what you ask for the only part I have retained was a shifter cover.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Tunnel

Hello -
Looking for a STOCK Tiger configuration FAN SHROUD , or ...........
if anyone knows of any reproduction one made (?)

I'm going to go with a Dale A. , Fluidyne Aluminum HD radiator , and a Shroud would be a nice addition .

Also ........... Any body have any Tiger trans tunnel pieces / patches of the area of the SHIFTER HOLE , from X frame hump , to floors , then forward to the first bell-housing transition ? Randy says ..... use pieces from a Mustang II (?)
Thought I would see for any here , or more ideas .

Bosspwrd -

Clipping out the usual bottom side piece patches of the tunnel isn't too bad on the wallet, BUT, once we get around to free forming the rest of it (as original) the man-hour tally becomes a nightmare. The Guru will do it but seeking alternatives and a good carpet job makes more economic sense.

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
RE: Trans Tunnel Pieces

Clipping out the usual bottom side piece patches of the tunnel isn't too bad on the wallet, BUT, once we get around to free forming the rest of it (as original) the man-hour tally becomes a nightmare. The Guru will do it but seeking alternatives and a good carpet job makes more economic sense.

Seems that I'm always the guy that comes in late of any parts that WERE available . Maybe I will give your metal "Guru" a shot . At least give me a quote as to what it would be . If not , I'll get out the old bean bag & ball peen , and form it myself . Doesn't need to be "Pebble Beach" correct , just kinda close .

Bosspwrd -

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Man Hours vs personal time

Seems that I'm always the guy that comes in late of any parts that WERE available . Maybe I will give your metal "Guru" a shot . At least give me a quote as to what it would be . If not , I'll get out the old bean bag & ball peen , and form it myself . Doesn't need to be "Pebble Beach" correct , just kinda close .

Bosspwrd -

Trying to quote that would be a huge cash mistake for a number of reasons. Your personal effort choice makes more sense. Keep track of your actual time involved and multiply it by average craftsman shop rates . . . .

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
There is a fan shroud on ebay. I have not seen one for sale for some time. Lee

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291403401467?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ebay 291403401467

Thanks for the tip , but starting at 500 bills , and sure to climb , No Thanks .

I talked to Andrew at Sunbeam Spares . There's qualifies as 100% correct , can't tell from stock . Prettier than "Overpay" , plus $325 USD to my door !
Yes , I did order one . Maybe should of ordered two or three . :D

Bosspwrd -

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Give & Take

Thanks for the tip , but starting at 500 bills , and sure to climb , No Thanks .

I talked to Andrew at Sunbeam Spares . There's qualifies as 100% correct , can't tell from stock . Prettier than "Overpay" , plus $325 USD to my door !
Yes , I did order one . Maybe should of ordered two or three . :D

Bosspwrd -

Sunbeam Spares are actually done by another well known member . . . . .

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
RE: Tiger Fan Shroud "UPDATE"

Sunbeam Spares are actually done by another well known member . . . . .

Well .... I finally got my NEW fan shroud from "Sunbeam Spares" , UK . She's a beauty !
BTW - For ALL the "Worry Warts" , wondering if "Dale's" latest Fluidyne Aluminum radiator design will fit the shroud untouched , unmodified , NO spacers , etc .......
Well , the worries are over ......... FITS LIKE A GLOVE ! Many thanks to Andrew at Sunbeam Spares !

Cheers , to you Dale !

Bosspwrd -