Installing a new wiring harness?

Cdntiger

Gold forum user
Hi,
I bought a new stock harness for my Mk1a and now I have to install it.
The dash is out (also installing a new dash), I did a search but didn't see anything on installation?

Thanks,

Paul

steven

Gold forum user
Who did you buy it from, Rebel Wiring supplied full instructions and options where to mount the fuse/relay unit. Also each wire is labeled every six inches with its function. I decided to mount the relay/fuse unit high on the inside of the passengers firewall.

Oops, just noticed you bought a replacement standard harness, the above won't apply.

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Wired

The CAT laminated wiring diagrams for the body and dash are extremely helpful in figuring out where the various wires go. I didn't have any trouble getting mine installed with those two guides, once you figure out where the various ends go and lay it out, the routes and holes in the body it goes through become fairly obvious.
Bob Knight
B9471705

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Wiring

I'll be going through the same process real soon. I have the diagrams if any one can't lay their hand on them and can scan and email them to you. Email me if interested. What shape is your dash board in? Mine is, I believe, stock. It's not burled just sort of plain jane veneer with cracked clear coat. Thought about going with the burl ones that are available but, I don't know that they (it) came that way. Maybe just refinish it(?)
A little off subject but, if you are not going for the exact factory style... why not use one of the high quality after market sets? May be sacrilege but could be nicer than the orig. ? Question for others sine you already have the loom.
Jim

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim, all the GT alpines and wood dashed Tigers came with a burl walnut finish. If your dash has a straight grain somebody may have re-laminated the original substrate when the original vennere cracked.

RustyTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I'll be going through the same process real soon. I have the diagrams if any one can't lay their hand on them and can scan and email them to you. Email me if interested. What shape is your dash board in? Mine is, I believe, stock. It's not burled just sort of plain jane veneer with cracked clear coat. Thought about going with the burl ones that are available but, I don't know that they (it) came that way. Maybe just refinish it(?)
A little off subject but, if you are not going for the exact factory style... why not use one of the high quality after market sets? May be sacrilege but could be nicer than the orig. ? Question for others sine you already have the loom.
Jim
would love to also get wire diagrams if you could email them,I am a new member and slowly getting my tiger back on the road,Thanks

Warren

Gold forum user
Wiring diagram

Big and colorful looks right found some time ago after I got cross eyed looking at the one in the red shop manual.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Be Careful

Big and colorful looks right found some time ago after I got cross eyed looking at the one in the red shop manual.

This wiring diagram is not for a stock wiring loom. There appears to be extra fuses added as well as rear amp for a radio.

Here is a wiring diagram from the Tigers United website. It says it is for a 260, but I don't know enough if there were any differences between the Mk 1 and Mk 1A wiring diagrams.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/MKIBIGwiring.jpg

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks Dave

I could not remember what file I put that file and grabbed the one I could find. Two fuses while stock is hardly careful;)

I had a previous owner created problem one day with a shorting out tail light bulb hit the brakes Wham! no more one half the e system luckily not the half that ran the fuel pump so I was able to keep going.

Oh by the way the whole car and the under dash big is still available from CAT parts 5 bucks each. Nice old school laminated in heavy plastic makes a great place mat or huge coaster for that cold beverage of liquid patience.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
I'm doing a complete rewire in my car and I hate wiring so good luck to you guys!
I'm using a race car setup from K&R for my setup .

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Diagram

Well, I've tried several times to upload this with no luck.
Rusty, send me your email address.