Wanted: Short Tiger Shifter Made for Hurst

Mlerne

Silver forum user
David Kee no longer makes them. Just in case someone has an extra laying around. Thanks, Michael

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I never heard back from you re: David Kee 'borrowing my shifter' for a pattern to make more. You'd mentioned he might make more with a sample.. Did you get back to him on that ??

I have a good 'extra' oil pressure gauge BTW.. email me through the forum

Hoghead

Gold forum user
To resurrect an old thread, I am looking for one too with the Hurst 2 bolt bottom pattern.

Application is to fit a T5 transmission, so the reverse lockout tabs can be for show only

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Attachments

• $_1 (1).JPG
    $_1 (1).JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 60

Hoghead

Gold forum user

Looks good but not Hurst quality - IE not a 1 piece forged unit, and no serrations where it bolts to the shifter base.
Then again I probably will not beat on it hard enough to make a difference and might have no choice if nothing better

I am leaning towards a Core shifter base that will accept any Hurst stick. I am leaning towards the Hurst 7238 stick:

https://core-shifters.com/collections/hurst-sticks/products/hurst-chrome-super-shifter-stick-7-5-7238-camaro-firebird-1957-1967-corvette

https://core-shifters.com/pages/swap-bases

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hurst

Here are pics of the spare Hurst 7238 that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 59

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks good but not Hurst quality - IE not a 1 piece forged unit, and no serrations where it bolts to the shifter base.
Then again I probably will not beat on it hard enough to make a difference and might have no choice if nothing better

I am leaning towards a Core shifter base that will accept any Hurst stick. I am leaning towards the Hurst 7238 stick:

https://core-shifters.com/collections/hurst-sticks/products/hurst-chrome-super-shifter-stick-7-5-7238-camaro-firebird-1957-1967-corvette

https://core-shifters.com/pages/swap-bases

Sorry, when you mentioned the lock out, I had thought you wanted a stock looking Tiger shifter that had a hurst bolt pattern.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Sorry, when you mentioned the lock out, I had thought you wanted a stock looking Tiger shifter that had a hurst bolt pattern.

I do and appreciate your lead. If it was a single piece design, and ideally with serrations to match the Hurst/Core shifter base I would buy it

Failing that I will have to settle for the Hurst stick, or convince myself that the repro is suitable

I am doing a T5 transmission conversion using the AMC tailshaft housing, which requires a shifter base for the 4 bolt AMC/S10 pattern, rather than the new short throw Ford one on the T5 I bought

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A while ago i saw a T peice that had the hurst 2 hole vertical pattern with seration and a hirizontal fave to mount a stock shifter, i thought this was a good solution.

I have the top loader with a hurst short shift linkage and shifter nut want to mount the original long cranked tiger shifter to it as 3rd is a bit of a stretch with the seat all the way back and harness on.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think autokrafters has themhttps://www.autokrafters.com/p-7892-shift-lever-mount-adapter-2-inches.aspx?keyword=7210h689

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user

I have what appears to be the exact same shifter...bought it from Dan Williams ( for my Hurst comp plus linkage ) about 10 years ago and it was listed as a '289 Cobra repro' ( US$200 back then with no knob! ). The 'T' moves up and down and no serrations at the base but after you tighten up those 2 - 3/8" bolts I never had a problem there. The Mustang guys sell a T5 pattern knob that looks like the top loader one ...

I used a Hurst knob which I find fits my hand a lot better and made my own stick out of a piece of 7/8" s.s. when I installed the T5/AMC ... trans was mounted 5° to the left as in a stock Mustang

Attachments

• New T5 shifter in first gear.jpg
    New T5 shifter in first gear.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 84

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I have what appears to be the exact same shifter...bought it from Dan Williams ( for my Hurst comp plus linkage ) about 10 years ago and it was listed as a '289 Cobra repro' ( US$200 back then with no knob! ). The 'T' moves up and down and no serrations at the base but after you tighten up those 2 - 3/8" bolts I never had a problem there. The Mustang guys sell a T5 pattern knob that looks like the top loader one ...

I used a Hurst knob which I find fits my hand a lot better and made my own stick out of a piece of 7/8" s.s. when I installed the T5/AMC ... trans was mounted 5° to the left as in a stock Mustang

Jim is helping me with the T5 conversion................