Repro Horn Rings

Mlerne

Silver forum user
Has anyone seen up close the repro horn ring sold by Rootes Parts Service Holland (also called Rootes Postvintage Spares)? I am wondering how they compare to the repro horn rings Rick sells. I see, unlike Rick's, the Holland horn ring is already painted the proper flat black. Anyone?

Thanks, Michael

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Check a post on the saoca forum by moonstoneIV.... They do a nice repro box, but part was wrong shape, the chrome sround the outer rim was quitr marked and there was a casting hole flaw in the main arm and they would not refund or return just gave advice on how he could have it fixed at own expense.

Rick's I believe can require some fettling in regards to redrilling the holes for the 3 screws that mount to the contact, friend has this issue rick sent instructions on how to resolve the issue but would be handy if it came to spec and ready to fit

moonstone SIV

Bronze forum user
A link below to the disaster Michael was referring to:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20503&highlight=repro+horn+ring

The only items I would recommend from Rootes Post Vintage would be their rubber upper and lower control arm bushes which, surprisingly, are an exact repro of the metalastik originals. Everything else I've seen from them is junk, and heaven forbid you should try to communicate with them...the language barrier will do your head in :mad:

Speedy Spares in the UK carry their stock, I have high praise for their service and problem resolution if something goes wrong AND they speak english....