alpine restoration

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

more photos on photobucket. it got it's first coat of forest green monday.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

there will be a lot of the assembly done when we bring it home. prior to paint items such as the bumpers/brackets, grill and eyebrow, headlight buckets, etc. were all fitted to make sure they fit right. he'll put all that back on. the fuel tanks are already installed, all the rubber grommets on the car are in, and the seat belt anchors. he has the windshield in the frame and he will install the crash pad when he sets the windshield. the wing windows are rechromed and he will install them along with the windows, regulators, door latches and door handles. he'll set and adjust the top frame so the door windows line up with the frame, install the new factory style luggage rack, install the rebuilt front cross member and steering and rebuilt rear end. we'll install the brake and fuel lines there since we can put it on the rack. the wife and i will install the interior,wiring/dash, engine and all the rest of the stuff. as long as all 4 phones work and the e mail works,i can stay home and work on it all i want. we have done several cars so it's nothing new to us so it's not that hard for us to assemble. but it does take some time. we're shooting to have it ready for a show in early august or possibly pittsburgh in july.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i had to deliver the rear end to the shop today, so i posted a few more photos on photobucket.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i posted two more photos. it's ready to bring home on saturday. it needs the shop dust washed away. now the wife and i have to assemble the rest of it.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

eric,
jean wants to have it together by the end of july so we can take it and her blue one to the show at dayton in early august.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Alpine restoration

Great looking color. What wheel and tire combination are you using, again looks great!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

the wheels are 13 inch minilite copies from the UK and the tires are firestone from the store about a mile from the shop.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
Restoration

BOB
WITH THE DIMINISHED SIZE AND AVAILABILITY OF 13 IN TIRES, WHAT SIZE DID YOU USE WITH YOUR AFTERMARKET WHEELS? LIKE I SAID ORIGINALLY, IT LOOKS GOOD!
ROGER

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

the tires are 175/70-13. these are the only size they stock. i searched around for an 80 series for height but seems impossible to find.