1965 Tiger MK 1 b9472445 for sale

porschecarl

Bronze forum user
Due to a surprise acquisition leaving no room in the garage our recently arrived Tiger is on the move again. This super fun Tiger was purchased off the Cat Forum this just this July in CO. from CAT member John Merinan (see post below). After arriving in CA it received its TAC cert #1001. The suspension, alignment and corner balance were reset. Tuning issues (carb and Timing) were addressed. Trunk hinges were replaced as well with the Sunbeam Specialties kit. The paint was touched up and the car received a thorough detail which brought the 1986 Lacquer paint brilliantly back to life. In my opinion it's got a warm patina but is showing it's age upon close inspection. The Tan Interior will also need attention, while the carpet is serviceable.

There are in excess of $7600. in receipts for mechanical items including engine, rear end, brakes, etc. Not all receipts are present and accordingly these represent only a fraction of the cost expended on this cars' drive line and chassis. It’s a great driver now and could be a show piece without too much time and effort.

Additional photos available upon request.

$42,000.

Carl Tofflemire
310-418-3112

Original post from July 2013

SOLD 65 Tiger owned 28 years. Carnival red including engine compartment and trunk, original color BRG
Never rusted, never restored, as it never needed to be restored.
Well maintained, with a 5 bolt 289. HiPo main caps, damper, boss rods, TRWs milled to flat. Floating wrist pins, windage tray, Windsor Jrs from Jim Valako.
F4B, Mallory unilite, Be Cool custom made aluminum radiator. Amsoil pre oiler. Adjustable flow waterneck. Hella horns, remote oil filter in wheel well with L&L billet adapter. New ceramic coated headers, flow masters.
Anderson sway bar, Konis front. Crossmember done by Jim Wallace in 1986, rebushed in 2006.
Subaru master cylinder. Dale's ackerman angle correction kit, Dale's rear disc brakes, Hurst shifter, DeFord burled dash, MotoLita wheel. 15" Panasports o
offset correctly, Yokohama tires. Rollbar. SOLD
Newly rebuilt diff. with trac lock, built by Avalanche Engineering in Durango CO.
Hardtop with rear chrome, body color.

Included but not installed, top doors, correct rearview inside mirror, hardtop chrome. Washer bottle bracket, no bottle. Washer pump.
Recently restored wood wheel, no horn ring. One door handle key cover not installed.
Needs windshield to door rubber seal installed. needs a new hardtop to windshield gasket, needs a new soft top to windshield seal. Top frame is recently redone.
The car is missing one top door chrome strip.

The car is presently in Durango Co, it spent 27 years in CO. before that CA.
It is very tight and of course fast.
A video that we made in 1992 is on youtube as Tiger Clip 1992
The car has been less that 5,000 miles since 1985.

leepear

Gold forum user
I was second in line on that car but you were first. I was going to keep that car and sell my Tiger. If you were interested in a more moderate profit I would be interested again. Lee in Newport Beach.

porschecarl

Bronze forum user
I'll let you know what they are when the deal closes. Should be this week upcoming. Everything's gotta go to make room in the garage and refill the wallet.

CT

Warren

Gold forum user
Subaru

What what I heard when the car came to Irvine. Funny had to drive an hour South to hang and see a car that is in Manhattan Beach visible on all but a foggy day. Other well known dually M/C's are the Ford Courier.

Well beat thread on Alpine site,

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/search.php?searchid=386300

Carl any VW stuff to clean out? We talked at Ruby's when you brought yours.
I have an original radio a European one, and a Hazet tourist kit as swap fodder.

porschecarl

Bronze forum user
This Tiger is still looking for a good home especially now that the recently acquired 512 BBI Ferrari is ready to move into the garage after months of Engine out service.
It's as really great driver and gets more comments and thumbs up than any other hot rod I've owned.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Now officially frightened at what I've gotten into...

When owning a Ferrari with prior motor issues looks more appealing than Tiger ownership... :eek:

Well, I suppose it could be worse (or better) depending upon your perspective.

I did not buy this one with 'motor issues' but it too could have been a bargain...?

I should probably just get out now while I can...but won't...

Carl, congrats on the 512, I still have a Revell model of that car around somewhere, always liked it.