1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A aka The Funbeam for sale

BluTiger66

New forum user
I have owned this car since 2007 and really do not want to part with it. I have had the privilege of having fun showing and driving (only on sunny days) this car. The car has not seen the rain since I have owned it and has always been stored on a lift in the garage (no bicycle handle bars). The car has been to many Tiger events with the previous owner (Funbeam Chuck) and the paperwork and receipts show the work that has gone into the car. Have pictures if interested, you can also see the car on Hemmings.com

Thanks for looking.

1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A known as the Funbeam
Engine: Shelby Engineered Ford V-8 302 with Holley 600cmf 4BBL Carburetor (Original Ford 260 is included with the car)
Transmission: Ford - 4 speed top loader
Rear End: 2:88 Posi-Traction Diff
Paint: Midnight Blue paint code 58
Interior: Navy Blue with dark blue piping.
Dealer options LAT (Los Angeles Tiger)
LAT-1 Super Induction Kit (Edlebrock F4b Intake, Holley 1850 Carburetor)
LAT-2 Engine Dress Up Kit (Tiger Rocker Covers, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Oil Filler Cap, Chrome Radiator Cap, Chrome Air Cleaner)
LAT-4 Aluminum Tiger Oil Pan
LAT-5 Weld-On Traction Masters
LAT-25 Ford Cobra Hood Scoop
LAT-69 Talbot 303 Senior Bullet Mirrors
LAT-74 2 inch Exhaust System
Special Dealer Accessories: Ammeter Kit, Cigar Lighter, Matching Color Hard Top, Tonneau Cover, Smith Clock, Sin Visor Kit, Tool Kit
Vehicle comes with receipts and paperwork dating back to 1981.
Vehicle has been in two magazines and has won many awards including 2nd place out of 600 cars all models 1966 to 1976.
Interior is by Martha's Interiors
Vehicle is signed by Carroll Shelby, George Boskoff, John Morton and Ted Sutton
Have owned, driven and showed the car for the last eight years.
FUNBEAM lettering on the boot.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/sunbeam/tiger/1713610.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user
Pretty car

Also seen on Hemmings. I talked to our new member and he sounds like a great guy who has taken the car to his local shows for the past 8 years I believe he said. It's a shame we brought him in on his way out. :(

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sunbeam Tiger 1966 Mk1A aka the Funbeam - $80000 (Cloverdale CA)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4956206056.html

VIN: B382001278LRXFE

I have owned this car since 2007 and really do not want to part with it. I have had the privilege of having fun showing and driving (only on sunny days) this car. The car has not seen the rain since I have owned it and has always been stored on a lift in the garage (no bicycle handle bars). The car has been to many Tiger events with the previous owner (Funbeam Chuck) and the paperwork and receipts show the work that has gone into the car.
Thanks for looking.

1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A known as the Funbeam
Engine: Shelby Engineered Ford V-8 302 with Holley 600cmf 4BBL Carburetor (Original Ford 260 is included with the car)
Transmission: Ford - 4 speed top loader
Rear End: 2:88 Posi-Traction Diff
Paint: Midnight Blue paint code 58
Interior: Navy Blue with dark blue piping.
Dealer options LAT (Los Angeles Tiger)
LAT-1 Super Induction Kit (Edlebrock F4b Intake, Holley 1850 Carburetor)
LAT-2 Engine Dress Up Kit (Tiger Rocker Covers, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Oil Filler Cap, Chrome Radiator Cap, Chrome Air Cleaner)
LAT-4 Aluminum Tiger Oil Pan
LAT-5 Weld-On Traction Masters
LAT-25 Ford Cobra Hood Scoop
LAT-69 Talbot 303 Senior Bullet Mirrors
LAT-74 2 inch Exhaust System
Special Dealer Accessories: Ammeter Kit, Cigar Lighter, Matching Color Hard Top, Tonneau Cover, Smith Clock, Sin Visor Kit, Tool Kit
Vehicle comes with receipts and paperwork dating back to 1981.
Vehicle has been in two magazines and has won many awards including 2nd place out of 600 cars all models 1966 to 1976.
Interior is by Martha's Interiors
Vehicle is signed by Carroll Shelby, George Boskoff, John Morton and Ted Sutton
Have owned, driven and showed the car for the last eight years.
FUNBEAM lettering on the boot.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Like Those Options

I really like that the car comes with a "sin visor", but I'm not sure if I need an "advisor" for that!

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
I remember when chuck had this car, it was really sad to see he got so screwed over when he changed out the motor for a mixed match motor and got disgusted and sold it.
But a really nice Tiger

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Beautiful car - saw it on CL too. I love that color combo, very easy on the eyes.

Warren

Gold forum user
Really

I agree what is a mixed match motor, is it one with two different numbers matching valve covers:)