Mk2 project on Ebay

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I didn't realize that many holes were required for a roll bar and seat belts........:eek:

tiga78

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
This Mk 2 shell on eBay is mine.

Yes, I thought the jack in photo of the front valence looked a little goofy as well, but I was using it to prop up the valence at the right angle to show the tabs.

As to the holes in the jumpseat area, there do seem to be a lot of them back there. All I can think is it probably went through a few different bar/belt combinations over the years? (Unless, of course, it was a previous owner's idea of lightening :D )

Feel free to call me at (204)-298-8442 with any questions.

tiga78

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
This morning, Norm Miller made a positive ID of the car's Mk II VIN by cross-referencing the gearbox and differential numbers to the Rootes production records. Now that it has an identity as a Mk II, I decided to end the eBay auction while it still had no bids so that I can think about whether to keep it or not.

I am thinking about holding onto it and either restoring or turning it into a vintage race car myself once my other Mk IA restoration is done, but would still think about selling it at this point if someone wanting to take it on comes along.

Given that it is now a 'car' (albeit an extremely rough one) as opposed to a pile of pieces, I would probably be less inclined to sell it as a shell and more interested in selling with all of the extra original Mk II pieces I mention in the ad (engine/gearbox, gauges, etc.). I do not have any Mk II trim for it.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Good to hear you found this out, good luck in whatever you decided and you have a rare car there either way.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Glad to know the car now has an ID ... Might be worth posting the vin so that its associated with the car. Given the tags are missing I wonder if another sunbeam is wearing them ?

tiga78

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Per Norm, the VIN is B382100349 LRXFE.

My history on the car only goes back to the '90s, when it was already missing all of its tags.

Having said that, Norm advises that the 349 VIN hasn't shown up in relation to any other cars. (His registry has actually listed it since 2002, when the previous owner in Saskatchewan wrote in to him with the gearbox/diff numbers.)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good to know that to the knowledge base that the vin is not floating around .. Also you have a chevron!! :eek: