TigerTom

Bronze forum user
1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1
Serial No. B9470711 LRXFE
JAL No. 560275
Engine No. 1993 A27KA
Original Colour Code 19 (Moonstone)
TAC No. 0924

Rotisarie restored and spared no expense. Must see! California Tiger!

This is the 589th 1965 model year Tiger commissioned by Humber Motors Ltd., and was one of twenty-one reported by Jensen Motors Ltd. to have been completed on Monday the 12th of October, 1964. The buildup of B9470711 utilized the 275th second generation Tiger body produced by Pressed Steel under subcontract to the Rootes Group. The engine assignment came from the fourth largest family of Tiger 260’s, pulled from Ford’s small block assembly line on the 27th of April, 1964. Roughly 465 engines are in that grouping. B9470711 received the 1,994th C4PZ-6001-CF power plant shipped under Ford’s outside customer number SO 2632. Engine numbers are plus-ed by one because the numbering system begins with 1000. The gearbox was the 1,124th Tiger close ratio top loader committed to the Humber contract. Jensen installed the 755th Salisbury DANA 44 back axle, shipped from the Dana Division, September of 1964. The Tiger was originally painted “Moonstone White” – Rootes code 19. Only 200 or so MK 1’s are reported to have been painted this hue.

Email with any questions!

Asking Price $100,000

Tom Nellesen
Anaheim Hills, CA

davester

Bronze forum user
RE 65 MK1 Tiger for sale

Sounds like a beautiful car. How did you manage to find out all the manufacturing dates/records on your car? I've never seen that much detail and didn't know it could be researched.

Dave Gilmore
67 MKII

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was curious about the same thing--I would love to find out the details like that on my car.

tiger260

Gold forum user
No disrespect intended to the Op, but unless you intend to sell the car to a statistician, a accurate description and some photos will improve it's chances of selling considerably.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sounds like a beautiful car. How did you manage to find out all the manufacturing dates/records on your car? I've never seen that much detail and didn't know it could be researched.

Dave Gilmore
67 MKII

I believe Norm Miller has all the production records and offers a certificate will such info for a small fee, can see the details from the rootes1 website.

As for the ad, photos would be useful.. if you need help posting pics to the forum feel free to PM me and i can either post them for you or contact tigerblue for some help....

look forward to seeing some pics of the car

TigerTom

Bronze forum user
1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1

I have tried to upload pictures and have had no luck! I must be doing something wrong. If you got the latest Tiger Tales, mine is the Moonstone on the cover at the Tigers United XXXIII. If anyone can give me some direction on how to properly upload I would be grateful! I have plenty of pictures!

As far as the information I posted, I did get the information from Norm Miller back in Nov 2003 when I was in the purchase process!

Any questions or suggestions, please email tommynel@aol.com or call my cell at (714) 231-8954

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
tumblr_lmvfnj1tM41qj3wooo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrqeefXQMB1qj3wooo1_500.jpg

TigerTom

Bronze forum user
1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1

1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1
Serial No. B9470711 LRXFE
JAL No. 560275
Engine No. 1993 A27KA
Original Colour Code 19 (Moonstone)
TAC No. 0924

Rotisserie restored and spared no expense. Must see! California Tiger!

This is the 589th 1965 model year Tiger commissioned by Humber Motors Ltd., and was one of twenty-one reported by Jensen Motors Ltd. to have been completed on Monday the 12th of October, 1964. The buildup of B9470711 utilized the 275th second generation Tiger body produced by Pressed Steel under subcontract to the Rootes Group. The engine assignment came from the fourth largest family of Tiger 260’s, pulled from Ford’s small block assembly line on the 27th of April, 1964. Roughly 465 engines are in that grouping. B9470711 received the 1,994th C4PZ-6001-CF power plant shipped under Ford’s outside customer number SO 2632. Engine numbers are plus-ed by one because the numbering system begins with 1000. The gearbox was the 1,124th Tiger close ratio top loader committed to the Humber contract. Jensen installed the 755th Salisbury DANA 44 back axle, shipped from the Dana Division, September of 1964. The Tiger was originally painted “Moonstone White” – Rootes code 19. Only 200 or so MK 1’s are reported to have been painted this hue.

I have updated my website with pictures for those interested!
http://toms65tiger.tumblr.com/

Email or Post with any Questions!
tommynel@aol.com

Asking Price $90,000 OBO

Tom Nellesen
Anaheim Hills, CA

Last edited:

TigerTom

Bronze forum user
1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1

OK Folks!

Looking for a new project! If it doesn't sell by end of December it will be off the market! $80k is as low as it goes! Or I have to buy a bigger garage!

Tom Nellesen
Anaheim Hills, CA
tommynel@aol.com

TigerTom

Bronze forum user
Tiger Launch!

This Tiger is going to Auction just want to make it available to all Club members before its gone. Price is firm at $80k.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
Nice car but 80,000. A friend of mine was offered 75,000 for a beautiful MK2 and ask me about and I told him at his age to take it since he has two other tigers and this one hadn't been on the road since I met him 13 yrs ago.
Bottom line is I'm glad to see the prices are going up, I have a friend that has original one that has been promised to me if anything happens to him because he knows I will take care of it and if it goes to his family it was be junk in a few years.

TigerTom

Bronze forum user
Sorry So Late, Still for Sale!

Sorry about being absent from the Forum for so long! Very busy, No excuse! The Tiger is still available. It never made it to the auction because of time restrictions and being so busy with other projects, and the fact is, everytime I get in it, I have a change of heart about selling it! My wife thinks I'm nuts for even thinking of it! If the right SERIOUS buyer comes along that really appreciates the car, I would let it go! I am working on some other projects (had to rent a warehouse :eek:) and as they say, everything is for sale!