Tiger 50 2014 in Europe

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As many already know, the STOC has made extensive plans to help celebrate the Tiger's 50th anniversary in 2014. I believe that the first event begins in late May and the last one is in September, so there are a lot of options available.

I know a number of CAT members from Southern California have already made arrangements to attend, with some planning to ship their Tigers over to join the activities. I also understand that some of the events have already sold out!

There are a number of events planned, including a group Tiger drive from England to Monaco.

They have set up a website that provides the details:
http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/index2.htm

bt,
at the beach

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Traditionally a SUNI is held every five years. 2014 is a SUNI year so Sunbeam owners from around the world will be attending. SUNI 6 is going to be held in Colorado Springs, June 29 through the 4th of July. The host hotel will be the Marriott.

I'm really looking forward to testing my carburetor adjusting skills by driving my Tiger to the top of Pike's peak. My guess is that some stock Tigers still having their two barrels might do better than some of the hot rods. It will be fun to see.

Also traditionally neither CAT nor STOA hold Tiger Uniteds in a SUNI year.

There is also a possibility that something Tiger related might occur in conjunction with the Monterey Reunion races in August.

bt
p.s. Some SUNI information will be included in the next issue of Tiger Tales which should be arriving around the end of the month.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Thanks for the SUNI info--I would love to make this one as I should be retired by then. :eek:

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the heads up. Believe we'll join with a number of german Tiger owners. Some excepting myself have registered already :rolleyes:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Head's up!

Some dates have recently been changed for the 2014 celebrations so check the STOC website.

bt

dpuzey

New forum user
The other week the ACO announced the date for Le Mans Classic in 2014, it will be on the weekend of the 4th to 6th July, so all the STOC events based round Le Mans Classic have moved forward a week.

This means that the STOC Tiger 50 International Weekend will be on the 11th to 13th July, see the website for details.

Dave Puzey
secretary
STOC

BillRo

Gold forum user
I am planning to be in the UK for the Tiger 50 celebrations there, but Central Coast British Car Club will feature the Tiger for their annual Brit Car Show at Channel Islands Harbor, Ventura Co.

BillRo