H.D. front sway bar mounts

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I recently acquired these front sway bar mounts in a 'parts lot' of odds 'n ends from an 'old' Tiger race car... They're almost too nice to be just a 'one off' and are quite 'robust' and also powder coated. They are bushed for a 1" bar and use the existing mounting holes in the bottom of the 'A' arm.
It looks like when installed, the top part is just squeezed down over the inside lip to hold the top in but I can see a tube spacer might be a good idea over the bolts.

I'm just curious if anyone has come across anything similar ??

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They were designed decades ago, I seem to recall by Lew Anderson. The instructions for building them are in the CAT Shop Notes.

The worse the precision of the bending when manufacturing the sway bar, the more you can use them.

I run a set on our race car. (If you don't want them I might be able to use some backups.)

bt
at the beach

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sway bar mounts

I actually made the sway bar mountings that Lou Anderson sold both with his 1" tube sway bars, and separately. There's nothing special about them, just made from steel flat bar and a piece of steel tubing with one side sawed off.
Bob K.
B9471705

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
They were designed decades ago, I seem to recall by Lew Anderson. The instructions for building them are in the CAT Shop Notes.

The worse the precision of the bending when manufacturing the sway bar, the more you can use them.

I run a set on our race car. (If you don't want them I might be able to use some backups.)

bt
at the beach

Thanks Buck... I thought you might know...

They are very close to the ones in the Shop Notes

I think I might as well put them on my car. The stock mounts have managed to keep my 1 1/8" bar on but maybe it's time to 'upgrade' ! ;)

67MKII

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Jim,
I have the same mounts (I seem to remember they were made and sold by Dale years ago) on my MKI with a 1" bar. I like them because they are sooooo much easier to get on and off - compared to the stock mounts.

John