B382002258 LRXFE - happy 50th birthday 29 June

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
On 29 June 1966 B382002258 LRXFE left the Jensen production line as a stock mkia in code 86 forest green destined for the USA. It spent part of its life on the east coast and at some point became dark metallic blue, gained side exhausts and a warmed 289 and Hurst shifter.

Around 2002 a fresh from the factory ford 302 alloy head roller motor was implanted. In 2003 Jeff Fralick in Westchester NY started a bare metal restoration, with upgrades including Dale A discs and springs front and rear, upgraded sway bar, spax adjustable shocks, lsd, ATL fuel cell, CAT headers, electronic ignition and a fresh coat of maserati silver paint with a shave of its side stripes and Tiger scripts.

In December 2006 I acquired the silver bullet and in May 2007 it arrived in Melbourne Australia.

It has been in many shows and club runs, been displayed twice at Federation square in the Melbourne CBD, displayed at the Australian formula 1 Grand Prix and won people's choice awards in the states and Australia.

It is now 10 years since I acquired it to join my '63 series II alpine and has provided many enjoyable and loud hours of driving and fun, occasionally with the side pipes.

It turns 50 this June 29 and still looks great. Waiting in the wings for its birthday are a fresh LAT bonnet, torque arm, factory radio kit, smiths clock, NOS Talbot door mirrors, NOS rootes lumax spot lamps and a set of original stainless side trims and NOS tiger scripts that might finally adorn it again, hopefully all before it turns 51!

Happy 50th birthday to 2258, aka “silver bullet” my MKIA !!