MK2 Rocker Trim and Arches Reproduction

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
oops

A client of mine and multiple Tiger owner is pricing tooling and the project. As I well know the flowchart leads has questions like ..

How many car's need the part, How many guy's have them hoarded away as their tax free 401K , as well as those who may just like em on a personalized car if pricing was tolerable, plus other questions.

Any comments here will be read by our long time member who's just making the preliminary studies. I do think he has the best interest of the Tiger world in mind.

Thanks W.

I misread the post - looks like just rocker trim, not wheel arches. There are still a couple of people in Atlanta interested.

MkIIdriver

Bronze forum user
I get a sill trim set which were made from the Humber trim plates . They are welded with a laser and cut to the correct length.

Basketcase

Bronze forum user
Rocker panel strips

Have just purchased a MK2 and am looking for the strips as discussed on the forum and would look to purchase if the repos were developed

cheers

Basketcase

Bronze forum user
Rocker strips

If someone has a set off there car and would be prepared to share for repo production I well get them produced.

Anybody interested?

Warren

Gold forum user
Arches too

So the member sent me a picture of a set of his reproduction arches. From what I have seen and heard they are better than original as they are reported to be heavier. I guess this would be better as maybe a little better as less prone to gravel damage. I guess the worst critic will be the fella who paid 8000 for the last set of originals on ePay:eek:

Oh just got off the phone that thicker set was a proof all will be made in original gauge material.

Doug C

Gold forum user
So the member sent me a picture of a set of his reproduction arches. From what I have seen and heard they are better than original as they are reported to be heavier. I guess this would be better as maybe a little better as less prone to gravel damage. I guess the worst critic will be the fella who paid 8000 for the last set of originals on ePay:eek:

Oh just got off the phone that thicker set was a proof all will be made in original gauge material.

Who will have a contact number for the seller?

tiger260

Gold forum user

That's very interesting.

When will the pics go public? I'd love to see them.

Warren

Gold forum user
Humbug

He's making both the rocker's and the wheel arches. I'm not affiliated nor am I a partner in the project.

I don't have great pictures but know that a 35 dollar vendor fee is a small price to contribute.

Doug C

Gold forum user
That's very interesting.

When will the pics go public? I'd love to see them.

I have no skin in this project - but was sent this photo

Attachments

• IMG_8682.JPG
    IMG_8682.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 289

tiger260

Gold forum user

They look extremely good even from that photo.

I'm just very impressed that someone had the courage to take on repro-ing these.

It's long been talked about as being possible but a considerable challenge so I never thought we'd see it happen.

Big respect to the man of mystery who has achieved this.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The arch trims would not be to hard to do... But the sill trims would be very involved. They embossed pattern and the gentle curve in elevation as opposed to the straight profile of the sceptre trim makes them a challenge... But here is hoping...

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MK II Wheel Arch Trims

I have a project in need of "correct" wheel arch moldings. If someone is making these accurately, OR, knows who is capable, we would be very appreciative. THX

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have a project in need of "correct" wheel arch moldings. If someone is making these accurately, OR, knows who is capable, we would be very appreciative. THX

I know someone who can do correct arches and has the stock for a full set, but I guess releasing them would depend on purchase price..
As you would appreciate randy there is a fair bit of work to to them "correct" as opposed to close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user

A gent who is a member has succeeded in having some made. He is waiting on inventory and of course proofs to be approved. He has told me I might be able to pick up a set as I'll be on a road trip nearby. Randy know that if you were on my route I'd stop there.

I'm not his partner nor a compensated spokesman. Randy if you want his contact info call me or text me.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MK II Arches Et Al

A gent who is a member has succeeded in having some made. He is waiting on inventory and of course proofs to be approved. He has told me I might be able to pick up a set as I'll be on a road trip nearby. Randy know that if you were on my route I'd stop there.

I'm not his partner nor a compensated spokesman. Randy if you want his contact info call me or text me.

E-mail en route

tkparker

New forum user
CAT Member
A client of mine and multiple Tiger owner is pricing tooling and the project. As I well know the flowchart leads has questions like ..

How many car's need the part, How many guy's have them hoarded away as their tax free 401K , as well as those who may just like em on a personalized car if pricing was tolerable, plus other questions.

Any comments here will be read by our long time member who's just making the preliminary studies. I do think he has the best interest of the Tiger world in mind.

Thanks W.
Warren, Last I heard the guy tooling up for the wheel arch trim reproduction had some health issues. Are there any changes you wish to share? (I know of three people looking for a Right Front (including me...); I'm sure there are more... the right side in the U.S. is the side most likely to be damaged... ) Tom Parker tkparker1941@gmail.com

Warren

Gold forum user
Fakebook

Saw the question asked there.
Chester is in the roster. You don't need to put up your personal email address online.
I will contact you and share his number.