Hard top rear window trim?

Warren

Gold forum user
Has anyone seen a four corner pieces connected by smaller straight parts? This came off a late SV .... you know one of those cost cutting Chrysler cars;)

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doubt The Trim is Original

Warren,

I suspect that a previous owner tried to come up with some sort of fix for lost or damaged rear window trim. The Alpine parts book shows only one type of rear window trim for all Series III and later (including Tigers) hardtops. See the sections snipped from the Alpine parts book. I have highlighted the appropriate items.

Attachments

• Alpine Rear Window Parts Diagram.pdf
    440.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Alpine Rear Window Parts List.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 131

Warren

Gold forum user
Corners

The corners fit perfectly . I've already pulled them off the top but I'll get a picture up too. It's an unusual top with plastic tinted windows.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Trim

The fastback Alpine GT built after the end of production of the series Alpines and Tigers had trim that used corner pieces secured by a screw. These corner pieces are visible in this photo of my car. Could they have adapted this trim since the other four pieces are straight with no curved ends?

Attachments

• 100_0258.jpg
    100_0258.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 79

Warren

Gold forum user
Screwed

Thanks for the reply. The corner pieces have no screw holes and neither do the straight pieces. It was made of several pieces maybe to make the bends. The P.O. did or had it done in approx. 1980 so guess the trim has been N.L.A. for a long time. With the right length trimmed down and careful work it may be a reasonable facsimile. Too bad can't get the rear screen without the slot for the trim.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
trim

Glass shops in this area have a universal seal with or with out a chrome tube insert. The local shop has received the seal with the tube to install the window in the hatch of our Harrington after it's painted. Mike has 40 years of installing glass and he trims and glues the seal to make it fit curves. He buys a lot of these items including glass from Pilkington.