Tiger Dash Work

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Forgot to post some pics of the Dashboard Work In Progress. This is the updating of the Dash to remove all Lucas wiring and related. I had a spare set of Tiger gauges restored but deemed them too nice for my car, so I sold them and ordered a customized set from Speed Hut.

Here are a few pics, more current stuff is posted on the webpage here -

http://gtsparkplugs.com/sunbeam_tiger_dashboard.html

Sandy

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very interesting Sandy and nice work. What are you putting in the clock hole? Cliff

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very interesting Sandy and nice work. What are you putting in the clock hole? Cliff

I have a larger oil pressure gauge going into that, and a smaller oil temp gauge going into the spare hole. Hopefully will have gauges next week from SpeedHut.

Sandy

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Why were the stock gauges to nice, it looks like you have a Beautiful walnut dash, I think the stock gauges would have looked great in it... Dash looks very high quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Why were the stick gauges to nice, it looks like you have a Beautiful walnut dash, I think the stock gauges would have looked great in it... Dash looks very high quality

They were too nice for my project as I thought someone with a restored Tiger would be better off with them. My project is less about keeping things original, so better for someone who needs a set of fully restored gauges. I have a set of Speed Hut gauges (I hate the name), and they better suited to my needs yet still look Tiger'ish.

The dash wood work is fantastic to say the least.

Sandy