Hardtop for 65 Tiger MkI

Ohio Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Have a 66 Mk1a Hardtop

I have a 66' Mk1a hard top I don't expect to use. Two questions: 1. is it the same as a MK1 top; and 2) what is it worth in average condition? Thanks.

Bill in Ohio

Erich

Gold forum user
The hardtop for a Mk1a will have two small sheet metal parts riveted to the panel below the rear window. The straps that support the soft top cover attach to them.
The button that attaches the latch on the triangle window are different sizes. Early tops are small. Later tops are larger. I don't know if this was a running change (likely) or tied to the model change.

Warren

Gold forum user
Shipping

Is a big concern as well as the rear C post foot pad covers the drain holes Doh. For a car from wet soggy England they sure didn't think some things through.

LHP3RD

Silver forum user
W,

Hardtop currently listed on e-bay, from Jenkinson10.
This one was originally purchased from Lee Pearl.
Buy it now is $3500.
Might work?

Warren

Gold forum user
Connect the dots

I see now Louis....

So when Brad Jenkinson built you that nice metal hood scoop you took him that top.

Since Lee and I often fish in the same watering hole my fingerprints have probably been on them .

Lee and I trade back and forth ... and I have his last and best one. Kinda hard to keep when you have 3 tops and 2 cars one in pieces. Will need to move one in January.