Sill molding

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
Almost ready to install the molding on my MKII
Can someone give the exact distance of the sill molding under the front and the rear of the door , also the distance for the chrysler Pentastar

Thanks

Gilles

Attachments

• molding.jpg
    molding.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 103

Warren

Gold forum user
Pentastar

I asked a lot of people on the location of the star and got the it varies​. I almost bought a nice one of eBay that had a super strong magnet cast inside. I know​ that installation​ and fitment of the repop rocker mouldings probably got completed and the arches are pending small corrections.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hmmmmmm ?

I asked a lot of people on the location of the star and got the it varies​. I almost bought a nice one of eBay that had a super strong magnet cast inside. I know​ that installation​ and fitment of the repop rocker mouldings probably got completed and the arches are pending small corrections.

I'm curious about the "small" corrections . . . .:confused:

Warren

Gold forum user
Me too

I wasn't there at the install and please remember even the simplest project like an AC Housing had to be sent back for corrections prior to final production. The letters on the lid we're too crisp and needed flattening.

In the arches a tweak in the curvature is needed by vendor. Stay tuned.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Dimensions

Can someone give the exact distance of the sill molding under the front and the rear of the door , also the distance for the chrysler Pentastar

Thanks

Gilles

Gilles,

I measured the distance between my rocker panel sill molding and the opening in the body for the door (not to the bottom of the door), in case there are any variations in how the doors are hung. At the front of the door opening, I measured 2-1/8" to the top of the molding and for the back I got 2-3/8".

For the Pentastar, I measured 1-3/8" from the top of the rocker panel sill molding to the CENTER of the Pentastar. I also measured from the top of the seam between the rocker panel and the fender to the center of the Pentastar and got 8-1/2".

All measurements were made with a tape measure.

Good luck in finishing up your car!