January Sales

BillRo

Gold forum user
Mecum Kissimmee has a nice red Mk 1A convertible with slot mags and a TAC certificate. Lot T189 going Thursday Jan 12th.

Russo and Steele, Scottdale has a strange dark blue car with matching hardtop and wire wheels. It is supposedly a fairly early Mk 1 - VIN B9470988, with tag JAL 560565 held on with rivets, but the body has square corners. I cannot pull up details any more, so perhaps questions have been asked.

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
January Mecum Tiger

Red Mecum Tiger has been making the Auction rotation, and never seems to sell:

Mecum Kansas City 2013 - High Bid 31K
Mecum Kissimmee 2014 - High Bid 37K
Listed on Hymanltd.com inventory 49K
Mecum Chicago 2015 - High Bid 48K
Mecum Kissimmee 2016 -

Looks good, but makes you wonder?? :)

Tweak

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Pretty. One second engine shot the booster is missing and something else appears to be connected to vacuum. Anybody know what that is?

Never would have an expected a 289 with later, big dizzy. I like the look of the smaller cap under the hood the 289 would have been born with.

A nice car overall from the pics for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 188

Warren

Gold forum user
Other comments

Lay into the mix up of round and square corner cars with the other's late or early production VIN.

I have a client in Florida who says he has a round corner car with late vin and there is one with the same in a restoration shop close to the Torrance Airport.

So that's three that have done the Hokey Pokey, Lego block mfg or aftermarket multiple car owner mix up. The logic of the registry escapes me why no asterix and why raise the issue on other social media on this red car? Not to say CAT is social media.... not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Personally hate the air filter housing. I looked on Summit to get a filter that'll fit that ball CNC bit run over thing and they said 40 bucks:eek:

Hope someone buys it and orders a new AC Housing

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user

Attachments

• sale ad 37500 sold.jpg
    sale ad 37500 sold.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 145
  • B382001370 B J Jan 2014 sale.jpg
    B382001370 B J Jan 2014 sale.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 137

BillRo

Gold forum user
Transition cars with late VINs could have leftover round corner parts, but early cars only have round corners.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Lay into the mix up of round and square corner cars with the other's late or early production VIN.

I have a client in Florida who says he has a round corner car with late vin and there is one with the same in a restoration shop close to the Torrance Airport.

So that's three that have done the Hokey Pokey, Lego block mfg or aftermarket multiple car owner mix up. The logic of the registry escapes me why no asterix and why raise the issue on other social media on this red car? Not to say CAT is social media.... not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Personally hate the air filter housing. I looked on Summit to get a filter that'll fit that ball CNC bit run over thing and they said 40 bucks:eek:

Hope someone buys it and orders a new AC Housing

That Summit air cleaner was the basis of my 'old' air cleaner and a Tiger guy in Wa. state made a few cnc 'new' tops to fit them...

Here's a 'little' more info on the R&S car...

Attachments

• CNC Summit top.JPG
    CNC Summit top.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Craigslist May 2015.jpg
    Craigslist May 2015.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 165

Warren

Gold forum user
I get it

Bill I get it. It is one thing to see an anomaly car and another to be a bystander. I will say that the ledger pages I have seen look like a 8th grade edumokated bloke done em:p

Who created the anomaly is always the question and why. What I was trying not to say is WTH does it not have an * like my old bastard car did. We all like rules and conventions used to be in the fine print or someplace.

I think I said I did not see the Florida mix up car, but that guy is 70 something and has owned Tigers since the beginning of recorded history so to speak.

My favorite guess to why ID gets mixed up are
A huge amount of back fees parking tickets or registration or a gee I'm getting a divorce I'll do a switcheroo,

Only the Shadow knows what evil lies in the hearts of men.....

Now I did tell the restorer a few things get it TACed before you make it right and make it fit the tag.

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
One second engine shot the booster is missing and something else appears to be connected to vacuum. Anybody know what that is?

Looks like a dual-feed Holley with the fuel line running up near the firewall.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
'Pippen' red MK1a Mecum car sold for US$55k...

6 Schwinn banana bikes... 5 spd./front disc brake - sold for US$16k !! :------