current rear disc brake mods

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I made about 12 sets of rear disc brakes in the mid 80's using front calipers on custom rotors and brackets, but no handbrake. My problem is now I need to get it inspected by the Authorities and a mechanical handbrake is a requirement
My long term problem is that I no longer have any spare rear rotors, the mould is long lost, and I no longer own a machine shop to make more.

I already have the Wilwood front kit, 15" wheels, proportioning valve, dual MC, and want to keep the 4 x 4.25 rear bolt pattern and stock axle

What are the alternatives for rear brakes using modern and readily available parts. This rules out the RX7, and Fiat mods used in the past.

I see that Dale has 2 kits, but what else is available, or can be pieced together?

Worst case I could use Wilwood mechanical calipers in conjunction with the existing set up, but hoping for something more in keeping with the new front brakes.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I remember PITT40 had some home brew combination of parts from a Mercedes or some German car. Maybe search through his threads...
-Kevin

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rear Discs

I used Dale's kit on the rear of my Tiger and was happy with the results. Since the e-brake portion is a separate assembly (although it shares the caliper bracket), maybe he'd sell you just that part of it, if you already have an existing functional rear disc brake set up.
Bob K.
B9471705

Hoghead

Gold forum user
What is the Dan Walters Mustang mod using off the shelf parts and where can I find more about this

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I used Dale's kit on the rear of my Tiger and was happy with the results. Since the e-brake portion is a separate assembly (although it shares the caliper bracket), maybe he'd sell you just that part of it, if you already have an existing functional rear disc brake set up.
Bob K.
B9471705

I was thinking of using this Wilwood mechanical caliper on my set up if I do not redo the entire system.
Is this what Dale uses?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-12069-bk

This one seems too wimpy:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-2374