LAT70 Finish

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have a set of original LAT 70 wheels, and am wondering if they were shiny when new, semi-gloss, or flat finish. They are currently flat looking. I used to have a Tiger with the 13" reproduction LAT's from Sunbeam Specialties, and they were pretty shiny, which I liked the look of. I was looking at a Mk2 Tiger that is advertised near me, at Legendary Motorcars, with original LAT70's and they left the wheels flat looking. I'm not sure if the flat look is just oxidization from age. I was thinking of taking them to a local guy that polishes wheels, but don't want to spoil the authenticity by over-polishing, if the wheels came with a flat finish. I recall that they came with a mildly polished semi-gloss aluminum finish, but not extremely polished. However, I have only seen used original ones, never brand new. Anyone know for sure?

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here are a few of mine if it helps

Attachments

• Tiger LAT 70-2.jpg
    Tiger LAT 70-2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Tiger LAT 70-1.jpg
    Tiger LAT 70-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 199

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks TAH. l like the level of polish, which is about the same as the repro's I used to have. Hope mine will turn out that nice. The red lines are a great touch.