Alpine Script

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In all fairness its very rare for one of the orginal chrome plated 24carat gold alpine scripts not to be bent or dented. The metal is just so soft..
That's why they only used them for a short time on autumn gold coloured series 3GT's with the optional wires wheels ( which were dunlops with titanium spokes in that model and colour combination)

So to have one complete makes it very valauble :D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So people know what we are referencing.

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-07-27-15-01-40.jpg
    Capture+_2017-07-27-15-01-40.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 113

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
script

Anyone that was at SUNI 1 should remember the Alpine with all the gold plating. We pulled out the photo album with photos of that Alpine. I'd forgotten about it. I seem to remember that it was a high school project from Canada? Wonder what the gas cap is worth now?

Warren

Gold forum user
GTD

I thought this was General Tiger Discussion do we need a new sub forum for General Alpine Discussion, oh wait here's the website just for alpines ;)

When I go to a British car meet and I'm the only tiger there and there's Alpines there I say why that's a perfectly nice car too bad they left the anemic British motor in it.

Of course that's a twist on what a couple guys I know jokingly say to me at the British car meet I frequent they say, " Too bad they messed up a perfectly good car by putting a American motor in it.

Maybe I'll get my Tiger script gold plated :rolleyes:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Huh?

I wonder if the person who made the last bid simply screwed up and forgot to put a decimal point in the right spot. Notice that there are two zeroes to the right of the decimal point.

In some countries, I thought they used a decimal point where those of us in the US put a comma in numbers, and also put a comma where we put a decimal point. I wonder if that was going on.

Did the seller close the bids so he could try to claim a huge amount for his Alpine script?

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I thought this was General Tiger Discussion do we need a new sub forum for General Alpine Discussion, oh wait here's the website just for alpines

Of course that's a twist on what a couple guys I know jokingly say to me at the British car meet I frequent they say, " Too bad they messed up a perfectly good car by putting a American motor in it.

Warren,
Dougie told you why his dad converted the MK 2 back to an Alpine. Along with good steering we don't have a problem with engine over heating now. We now have a proper British engine in the car.

Warren

Gold forum user
Thanks

I'll take my Tiger with the crappy steering and mild overheating problems. That LOL story is really old this isn't epic fail channel.:cool:

Actually Dougie told me something completely different but I'll keep it for talk about the scuttlebutt...