Just love these fins

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Beautiful Alpine Bernd! S1 Alpines are rarely seen here at any Sunbeam event as most have not been saved. What type wheels are you using?
Do you get people asking you if you are James Bond?! Eric

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That must be quite an old photo.. i remember saving it off the net must be 10 years back, thought it was such a great shot of an alpine.. does it have revolite wheels on it?

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
That is a great pic! Just curious, the gas filler seems to be so low. Was a different style tank used than in later models and Tigers? Justin

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The wheels are 5.5 x 13 Revos. Even not quite period style found them a good match to the grey colour & the black interior . Yes the foto is a bit dated but still like it because it was shot by a professional (he also brought the black number plates). Here is another one from a dfifferent angle and a new one from last summer with the Hardtop on.

P.S. Oh yes the filler sits lower than for the later Alpines & Tigers since the twhole fuel tank assy was different sacrificing a lot of trunk room...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They are great pics, i note you have the over riders fitted to the rear again. The early alpines are a great looking car, but for such a clean design the overridres are so ornate and large. I keep meaning to fit the SIV on style to my car..

here are some pics of my SII:

4326204524_0d520ef339.jpg

4326214058_0bb12a887e.jpg

4326215674_5382ddef97.jpg

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
yes I put bumper & overriders to the front -ultimately. In past I found the car would look more sporty without, but taste changed. The early overriders are big - my contribution to add more originality.

Sorry but can not see your SII pictures...

Cal44

Gold forum user
The more I look at the style of these cars...............they are quite something.

Un-restored samples here in the U.S are not that difficult to find. The hard top places a wonderful finishing touch to the over all design.

Both of the examples are quite lovely.