PPG DCC Paint

casarris

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Has anyone used PPG DCC paint for their Tiger? If so do you know the formula for color 86 British Racing Green?
thanks
Chris

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Stir this & that

Has anyone used PPG DCC paint for their Tiger? If so do you know the formula for color 86 British Racing Green?
thanks
Chris

There is a club member, Jan, who provides high quality samples & codes (no affiliation). The issues I keep running into is the local mixologists who can stir up the same code a dozen times and get a dozen different shades each try.

Doug C

Gold forum user
There is a club member, Jan, who provides high quality samples & codes (no affiliation). The issues I keep running into is the local mixologists who can stir up the same code a dozen times and get a dozen different shades each try.

Randy, can you maybe share this gentlemans contact information?

Thanks, Doug (California)

Warren

Gold forum user
Jan

The guy is an SAOCA member he sells a CD sprayed with paint color. I hope that you can see the original color before you get it mixed in person. The original color is not as pretty as B.R.G. I'd take the usual 1 point off for hue any day....
Is the hood latch panel still with your car? The bottom side is one of the best spots to find unexposed original paint.
I have had small things done by a guy on Anaheim St. in Long Beach who's got great eye for it. GE auto paint.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
paint

I have two quarts of PPG concept paint, color code #86. The paint is on the shelf at Tiger Auto in Dayton. This color is dead on to the original. It's the color formula Doug has used for years. Give Doug a call if you're interested. 937-252-3317. This car was painted using this paint formula.

Attachments

• 107_1000.jpg
    107_1000.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 125

Doug C

Gold forum user
Looking for "dead on" Wedgewood Blue

I have two quarts of PPG concept paint, color code #86. The paint is on the shelf at Tiger Auto in Dayton. This color is dead on to the original. It's the color formula Doug has used for years. Give Doug a call if you're interested. 937-252-3317. This car was painted using this paint formula.

Looking for "dead on" Wedgewood Blue - Doug

Thanks

casarris

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
PPG DCC color

Thanks everyone for the information. I have seen several "shades of color" for the 86 Forest Green on Tigers. My tiger had the inside of trunk still in the original color so I know what it was.
I am wondering if anyone had done it with the PPG DCC paint and what that formula is. Yes I would like to see a sample first to know if I want to go with the exact 86 original color or slightly a different shade.
Thanks