Are there different jacks btween MK Is and MK IAs?

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Heard there was a thread, but couldn't find. I am putting the clips in my trunk for the jack/tyre iron.

I have 2 jacks and they are both the same size. I was looking at pictures of VACAT33 and his jack looks smaller and fits in the opposite direction.

Mine can only fit one way due to the length and then they don't match up to the third clip. Also gets in the way of the tyre iron.

Looks to be different jacks for different MKs. Looks like I have 2 MK IA jacks and the car I am working on needs a shorter MK I one.

Regards,

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
jacks

Hi Robert, I'm pretty sure the jack size of the mk1a and mk2 are the same size and mounted in the same orientation.

I recently looked at the thread you are referring to here:

http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1617

Dave G. and Bill D. posted pictures of their trunks and you can see the difference. I've never owned a mk1 but that jack looks a bit shorter.

Now it would be great to find out why some of the jacks are black and some are grey.

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Grey Jacks

Bob,

Both jacks I have are grey and they are the same length.

Does anyone know the length of the jack for the short one?

Also does anyone know how to take one apart, one does not work?

Thanks,

Warren

Gold forum user
Tag search

We have tried to make searches easier by adding tags. I believe the OP can add them to make the Moderator(s) job easier

I would say that Moondawg's car has a correctly set up trunk cause it was done by Rootes Group Depot.

Remember there is no warning label on those tools or Jack but should be "for display only". Mine is on display on the floor in the garage:rolleyes:

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Rob

According to the Parts manual, Tiger Jacks had two different numbers. Up until 9473324 the number was 1201342. After that it was 5220473. Now whether these two different part numbers were a different length, I do not know. The same two past numbers are listed for Alpines.

I have an old article on jack restoration which describes disassembly of the jack. I will email it to you.