Jack and tire tool trunk placement

H00kem

Bronze forum user
Would someone share a picture of how the jack and tire tool are placed in the clips in the trunk of a 65 Tiger Mk1? I have fiddled with them for and hour and just can't figure it out. Are there any other items that lay in the clips besides these two tools?

davester

Bronze forum user
trunk tools

Here you go. Hope it helps. I had to search hi and low to find an original Dunlop spare tire!

Dave Gilmore
Leawood, Ks

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Here are some pictures of my MK 1 Tiger's trunk. The only deviation from
stock is the placement of the billet Edelbrock fuel pump down in the wheel well area away from the heat of the mufflers. Also is a shot of the correct
MK 1 tool kit and strap..Moondoggie

H00kem

Bronze forum user
Thanks very much guys! I appreciate it. Seems so simple. Don't know why I couldn't figure it out.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
On the little adjustable spanner wrench (I am sure that's not what they are called) what is the name on them? I have 2 sets, not sure which is correct. On the one I have handy they say King Dick.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
On the little adjustable spanner wrench (I am sure that's not what they are called) what is the name on them? I have 2 sets, not sure which is correct. On the one I have handy they say King Dick.

YES !!!! You have to hand it to the Brits they come up with funny names
but adjustable spanner is correct. Not only that "KING DICK" is also correct
see picture. I am not sure why this wrench was in the kit as it seems pretty much useless...reminds me of a high school metal shop project I might have done back in 1964. Are both your spanners the same ??? The one I have is for the MK 1 and don't know if there were changes along the way.

Moondoggie

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I'll pull my tool kit out of the garage tomorrow and see what the other says--and yes, it is a funny little wrench.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There are no pictures seen with this thread.

Lost in the Forum change?

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
63055452-770-0@2X.jpg MKII

Warren

Gold forum user
The pictures could have been lost a long long time ago, many people used photo hosting sites that went belly up..

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Here is what is in my tired early MK1A and it has two clips holding the jack handle -fairly sure that MK2's as shown in the blue trunk photo in earlier post has 3 clips holding the jack handle. Must have made the change for the MK2.
PS-the extra holes in the boot floor are from the install of a trailer hitch. And yes, I did tow a few cars using it many years ago. Hey-it was my only car!

Jack and lugwrench location MK1A.jpg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill Rogers wrote an excellent article about the tool kits for Tigers. In it he included photos of well-sorted trunks, showing the tool roll, spare tire, jack, lug wrench, etc. CAT members can view it in the CAT Member Area, under the Tiger Articles forum.

kenmat

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Here is pic from very correct very early MK1. Note sticker on Jack that says "SHELLEY" made in England, Shelley was the company that made the jack.
DSCN1093.JPG

Warren

Gold forum user
Pretty Ken, I have the Shelly sticker on the pictured jack too. One of our resources have reproduced the sticker. Things like the battery vent difference's the quarter sawn Mahogany strips to support the battery are nice to see as well

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ken. Awesome.

Warren,

Who reproduced the Shelly sticker? Where do you find the battery vents and header? Are the strips of mahogany 1/4"?