I' m living in France and last year I bought a sunbeam serie 2 in UK
This car was sold for the first time in California in 1962
in the year 1992 the car came back to UK
The man who sell me this car gave me the licence plate from california:
california 63
BDA 440
the sérial number of this car is:B9112252 LRX SB
the original colour is : moon stone, intérior scarlet
Is there anybody who can give me information for the historical ?
thank you
by

Warren

Gold forum user
Inf 70

Go to Ca. DMV website the form in title if sent in will provide list of previous owners,if records are available. I got mine back to 1982 . You may get hit if record is available.

They don't check micro fiche,computer only. Most car titles drop off their in 4 to 7 yrs. If not non op or registered.When doing anything with the DMV a big slice of luck is always needed sometimes,chicken bones and voo doo as well.

A good set of plates are valuable and can be re used in Ca. On the YOM program,for somebody.

Be sure to check or write in historical interest in the blank for the reason for your search .

bernd_st

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very interesting since I also own a SII project car from California. It's B9119846 LRX SB and carries the california additional black plastic tag on the identification plate. If not known already SB stands for sealed beam.Funny thing is it also still carries a college sticker on the windscreen. Car came to Holland in the eighties and stood in garage there for 30 years untouched. Finally it ended up in my garage in Germany...

Warren

Gold forum user
Interesting

Post a pic of the plastic tag, please. Also period correct was the CA. C.H.P.
Highway inspection. Pic below on my CB160. I wish the CHP sticker was on the Tiger as it would date it back to Cali. pre 1975. All I have now is the word of mouth from the P.O. who was found by Google and Facebook from INF70 data. Most times the CHP sticker are dated but this one is not. There was also a pollution control sticker from the 70's about the same size a NOX device compliance sticker. Call it patina or period correct but if anything they are survivor details that are cool.

Warren

Gold forum user
Dam

Cloned Replicants. All the need to look really close at w/e is represented as OG,

I have had bike 5 years, and it came from backyard where it languished for a decade.
The ones I saw were NOS, on Epay.

I never saw one with a month and year like currently listed.
The Chippies used to set up on Pacific Coast Highway, nearby my high school .
There was a concrete and fence divider so there was no escape ,
unless you backed up like we did one day in my friends smoke filled VW bus,

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I am going to submit the INF 70 form to research the history of my car.

I did mine and all the info I got back was what the previous and current license plates were. Of course I've had the car so long that it has dropped off the list as Warren mentioned. Funny though, how it doesn't drop off the list when it comes to paying back registration fees.

Warren

Gold forum user
INF 70 what you get and I hate DMV

As suggested all you get is those persons who actually titled the car in their name with no address.

Vehicles used to go off DMV computer in the past as they had limited data storage. The time frame was 4 to 7 years. Now they realized they are loosing money by allowing vehicles to drop off record and have increased storage capacity. You cannot escape back fees even if you leave Calif, they will get you when you return, Bastards. The law they passed requires you to tell them you are leaving the state. The good side if any is you can apply for unused registration fees prorated left when you leave Calif. The further bad side is when you buy a car in August that is non op. go to DMV and the "birthday" of car is September renewal you pay for whole year you did not own car for 30 days or W/E left till birthdate renewal date of registration. If you are in other state, don't worry everyone follows Cali's lead in exploiting its citizens.

Most all the black plates issued were mfg with a 63 in upper corner. I have seen a few with no stamped number in them.

There is a big thread about issue dates of black plates, but in reality they passed them out as they were stacked in the local DMV's or Auto Club Club, or as mailed out when car was bought new.

For example, someone moving to California in 65 would go to local DMV or AAA and get one out of a stack o plates. A new purchaser would get a more sequential offering from Sacramento via mail this is where you get the arguments for what black plate number came on what year car.

Cal44

Gold forum user
becker,

your black and yellow license plate is very early, starting with B. You'll notice the stamping on the plate is 63, your car is a 62. I reckon that is the original black plate.

Love the fins..........no, not the people........the car...........

mike