Dan Walters torque arm

acorra

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Torque Arm

Well, it looks like I missed out again on the Torque arms from Dan Walters. "I just received the tiger tales with instructions on how to install them". All I need now is one to install....
mythirdtiger.

Dan has a check from me- just waiting for a couple more serious orders to build a run.

Warren

Gold forum user
Where the pedal meets metal

Dan usually brings the equipment trailer to the auto x events, and we have one on calendar. I picked mine up at a fix in :cool:

defsailor

Bronze forum user
autocross ??

I can't hear / see any autocross events on calendar? please clue me in. and I need a coach to improve. Warren, do you want to mentor?

anybody know if torque arm will work with Ford 8.8? can I remove panhard rod and/ or traction bars if torque arm installed?

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Sorry no

The DW Torque arm is designed to bolt to the Tiger differential. That portion that collars the pinion housing and uses the rear cover bolts would need to be redone. TigerBlue

mwood

Gold forum user
If you're buying from Grigg's, just tell them you want one built for a Tiger with an 8.8" rear. They've done enough Tiger suspension work, it won't be a big deal.

Has anyone built a decoupled version? That would be interesting and would solve for most of the issues I see with TA's (as commonly used on our cars).

Warren

Gold forum user
I can't hear / see any autocross events on calendar? please clue me in. and I need a coach to improve. Warren, do you want to mentor?

Always been better at do as I say not as I do:D I had my MK 1 for 1 week had put 100 miles on it drove off the course twice and spun out once. My heart was not in it as I'd barely checked the oil and had lost a headlight ring due to the bots dots vibration on the freeway. I had that unsure what's going to fly off next feeling. If you want to play with my Torque arm it's still off the car and I can bring it Sat. I can't drive or work on car for another week or so either:(

the_tool_man

Gold forum user
No direct experience with Griggs. But I hear they make good stuff. I have used a Maximum Motorsports TA (on a Mustang) and can vouch for their stuff. Totally transformed the car. Don't know if they make one to fit a Tiger. But, it probably wouldn't be hard to modify to fit.