MK II Alpine !!

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I posted some Tiger pics from the recent ABFM at Van Dusen in Vancouver ( in the Canada section ) but thought I'd put his one here...

It's an Alpine sporting what looks like 6 of the 7 ( no wide grille eyebrow ) almost unobtanium MK II Tiger trims !!:eek:

HMMM.. buy Alpine...$$$...remove trim... sell Alpine...$$$..sell trims $$$$$ :rolleyes:

Jim
B382000446

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That's one very confused S3 alpine! in autumn gold by the looks too! Seems that had a stash of rootes trim lying around and decided more is better.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Yes... can't say I've seen ANY car with both MK1/1A AND MK II trim at the same time... just needs a MK II headlight rim... or two! ;)

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Missing the Stripes

This confused Alpine is also missing the stripped tape of Mk IIs as well as being painted black under the rocker panel trim pieces.:rolleyes:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
wonder if it has the egg crate grill from a MKII or a Harrington... then there is the MKII flatter grill eyebrow... the little SUNBEAM script at the leading edge of the fender badge.. the diagonal script on the boot.. the sunbeam script on the left of the bonnet.... and hopefully retained the S3 raised rootes bonnet badge.... oh and what about a chrysler penatstar?

need to make sure it has all the badging possible.. then add the bonnet flash.. maybe a pair of driving lamps, reversing lamps... with all that stuff it will need a v8 conversion just to move! :p

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Needs More Bling

The owner of this Alpine could increase his car's bling factor by using chromed headlight rims.

Or, keeping with the color of his car, he could also gold-plate all of his trim.:eek:

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
For bling kerb alarms would look nice on the car as well.

Seriously though he has just personalised his car the way he likes it, and good on him.