Happy 50th Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All,

As we all know, 2014 marks the 50th Birthday of the Sunbeam Tiger. In April 1964 the Tiger debuted at the New York Auto Show and in June 1964 the Tiger production line at Jensen Motors commenced operations. Between June 1964 and 1967 Tigers rolled of the line just about daily. Consequently, every day for the next three years will mark the 50th Birthday of a Tiger somewhere.

I have started this thread so Tiger owners everywhere can celebrate the 50th birthday of THEIR car. Tell us about your Tiger on the day it turns 50. Say as much…or as little as you want about your Tiger and its history. Post some photos…or not. The most important thing is to celebrate YOUR Tiger’s 50th birthday.

I happen to own a very early car, so you will be hearing from me in about 2 weeks. Since this thread could be around for a while, perhaps the administrators would want to make this a separate topic.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Jim,

Interesting suggestion, I like it.

Which brings up a question of how do I find the "Born-On" date for my car? Does Norm Miller have the Jensen records with that info? I seem to remember something about a certificate someone would make with that info on it. Is it Norm?

I should find the date for my car and plan my own personal celebration as well!

Thanks for the suggestion.:)

Gene

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I thought the last time I went on Norm's site it said the certificates were not available---is there any other way to find out the date? About how many were built each day? I am in the 500's and thought I had seen somewhere it was an August car........

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have one of Norm's certificates...B382000503 was built on September 30th, 1965- I won't be celebrating for about 16 months...

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am not sure if Norm is still producing his Certificates. I got one back a couple of years ago...I thought they were a nice idea.

If the certificates are no longer available, the production dates are listed in the BON. If you do not have a copy, perhaps you can ask someone who does to look it up.

My Tiger was one of two to roll into the world on its production date.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Official date of birth thread?

Can we start a thread where we post our VIN and have the production date posted from TBON or Norm himself?

B382002037 for me!

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
B-Day

I think it's a neat idea to have a birthday card on display for public cruise nights.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great Idea

Duke

I like it. I am sure there are a fair number of forum members who have a BON available and would not mind responding to an open inquiry. This way no one individual is inundated with hundreds of requests.

As far as I am concerned, you just started the thread.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
OK 50th Birthday Forum

As they say herding C.A.T.S. is hard.

Under Sunbeam Tiger I will add a fourth Forum for 3 years of Tiger 50th Birthdays. Done

What is the official Birthday? Jensen date in the BON? I would go with that. Please do not post in the thread asking for your VIN BD or lists of VIN's. Private Message is better.

Maybe someone with a BON will volunteer as the "go to guy" for the Birthday.

Rick
Admin CAT WWW

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
If anyone with a BON or has the CAT copy wants to chime in I would appreciate it....thanks. :)

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Have the CAT BON for the moment...

For those interested in build date / records, please send me a private message or mail and I'll be happy to look it up. But, responses will be after work, after kid hours, west coast time. :)

If I bring it here, I'll kill what little productivity I have left...

Derek

Last edited:

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Funny Thing

Ive been thinking about posting a request for someone with a bon, to look up 2631's birthday. Being one of the last MK1a's built ,I'm sure its birthday isn't for a while. About 7 years ago GM had a program for Canadian built trucks, you could get complete build sheets for your early C/10. My 85 was built May 14, 1985 at the Oshawa, Ontario plant. It sure would be nice to know 2631's date.
View attachment 5383

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Ive been thinking about posting a request for someone with a bon, to look up 2631's birthday. Being one of the last MK1a's built ,I'm sure its birthday isn't for a while. About 7 years ago GM had a program for Canadian built trucks, you could get complete build sheets for your early C/10. My 85 was built May 14, 1985 at the Oshawa, Ontario plant. It sure would be nice to know 2631's date.
View attachment 5383

Your date of build is 11/21/66....the last MK1a was 2706 12/30/66

Moondoggie

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
What did the Jensen date mean? The car 8 before mine has a Jensen date 1 month after my car--yet all the others are within a week or so?? Just wondering if that was an order date or ?? My car is 9/15/64

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
BDay equates to planned date to get back on the road

2626 should be a few days before 2631, so that would be a good date to get it running again. As for 9471538, I am trying to get it running by the end of the summer.

Hope I make them both

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
And the Numbers Continue

For those interested in build date / records, please send me a private message or mail and I'll be happy to look it up. But, responses will be after work, after kid hours, west coast time. :)

If I bring it here, I'll kill what little productivity I have left...

Derek

Rootes 1 told me a build date once and I lost it (of course). B382000078LRXFE:D

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
MD- Thanks for the date. I thought the last 1a was 2709, but I knew mine was within less than 100 from being a MKII. Im sure that's why the PO told me a story about the 289/302 that's in it. So I have a little less than 2 1/2 years to put it back together, for it's 50th build day.

steven

Gold forum user
If any kind soul has the means, B9471122 would like to know its birth date. sure to be younger than its present owner, it is now on a supa dupa machine that measures all the frame so the body man can perfect it. Yippee

Status
Not open for further replies.