Today 9/3/14 is my Tiger's 50th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger64

Bronze forum user
Today is the 50th for my Tiger. It's Tiger # 397. I have been told it may be the last Tiger by number that got a black vinyl dash. It got a wash job and taken out for a cruise. It also received a gift of a new exhaust system which will be installed this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Happy Birthday

Congratulations on your car's 50th Anniversary! I hope your car appreciated the wash job and will appreciate the new exhaust system. It will be soon singing sweetly with that new exhaust!

Tiger64

Bronze forum user
I am the third owner of the car. From information that the second owner gave me, the original owner of the car was an airline pilot. The second owner purchased the car from Westcott Motors in National City, California in 1970 while he was in the Navy. The top stowaway panels were already removed when he bought it but other than that it was very original. When he finished with the Navy he drove it back east to Vermont ( the second or third time he had driven it cross-country). In 1972 he was my little league coach and I got to ride to an away game in the car with him. A couple years later he moved about 50 miles away and I kept track of the car through his brother who still lived in town. I would constantly inquire if he was ready to sell the car. He parked the car in 1974 and it sat in his garage until 2004 when I looked him up and he was finally ready to sell it. After I restored the car I took it back and showed him the car and took him for a ride. He really liked the wooden wheel and asked where I got it and I told him it was on the car the whole time he had it, under the old brown steering wheel wrap that had to be cut off of it.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Happy Birthday and looking good. I had also heard that the more definitive cutoff for the black dash was 397.

Do not remember if you remember, but I think we met up at the British Invasion in Stowe a couple years back. I did not have my car, just happened to be up there for my college reunion and I caught a bit of the show on the last day.

All the best with the exhaust install and many more birthdays to come.

Tiger64

Bronze forum user
Yes Jim, I do remember talking with you at the Stowe British Invasion. It was great talking to somebody with so much knowledge about the early production Tigers. I hope to get a chance to see your car at a show or Sunbeam get-together. Chris.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Today is the 50th for my Tiger. It's Tiger # 397. I have been told it may be the last Tiger by number that got a black vinyl dash. It got a wash job and taken out for a cruise. It also received a gift of a new exhaust system which will be installed this weekend.

Happy belated birthday, I am just starting my search for a Tiger - must be a 64 as that is the year that my wife was born and she got so tired of me asking here what year the car was, so she says that I can add a car to my garage. So its going to be a 1964 Tiger.

Cheers,

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
lovely car... and so nice to see it still in factory spec.... the more i see the cars on the stock wheels and thin white walls the more I like them.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Happy belated birthday, I am just starting my search for a Tiger - must be a 64 as that is the year that my wife was born and she got so tired of me asking here what year the car was, so she says that I can add a car to my garage. So its going to be a 1964 Tiger.

Cheers,

Welcome and good luck with your search. I just sold one of my "64" Tigers a few months back. They are out there so be patient and keep your eyes open on the site as we see most Tigers for sale in the country.
PS. Hope she doesn't get mad at you for telling all of us how old she is. :)

Doug C

Gold forum user
Welcome and good luck with your search. I just sold one of my "64" Tigers a few months back. They are out there so be patient and keep your eyes open on the site as we see most Tigers for sale in the country.
PS. Hope she doesn't get mad at you for telling all of us how old she is. :)

Thanks for the advice

1st - after being together for over 27 years, 3 kids and numerous cars telling her age won't make her mad.
2nd - I am very patient and in no particular rush - want a decent but not an 100 point car as being in S. CA I drive my cars often
3rd - I see your comment's on "another car site"

Status
Not open for further replies.