Generator

P. Scofield

Black arm band member RIP
Looking for an original Generator and was wondering, is the late series Alpine Generator the same as the Tiger? Or is it Tiger sepecific? I guess I could comb through part numbers but thought someone might know straight away.

Warren

Gold forum user
Picture

With the larger pulley is in my Album. Paul it is not a public one but you are on both lists contacts and friends. I am just getting started posting pics on line and rather then feeding the 20 web crawlers or all the WWW on Facebook, I limited them to contacts If you can find a Mustang or Falcon 6 cylinder gennie it comes complete with correct pulley.

They are nearly virtually impossible to remove without the right puller ask me how I know. ,

PITT40

Gold forum user
The Tiger generator is a Ford item. It's the same as early 60's Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxie, etc.

Powermaster actually makes an alternator that looks exactly like a Tiger generator for the same look but more amps and reliability. See the video on this link http://www.cjponyparts.com/powermas...5-1968-automatic-5-speed-1965-1973/p/STR9162/

Looking for an original Generator and was wondering, is the late series Alpine Generator the same as the Tiger? Or is it Tiger sepecific? I guess I could comb through part numbers but thought someone might know straight away.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Old Thread Might Help

Pitt

See this old link from a couple years ago.

http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1264

I was having some pulley alignment issues, which I eventually corrected with spacers for the generator bracket.

But more to your issue...the thread has several posts about the Tiger generator and the difference in pulley width between a Tiger generator and standard ford generator.

Warren

Gold forum user
Picture

Here is the pic, Thanks for posting back Links VaCat33 . I know about this a bunch as my 1st Tiger had the wrong narrower one. Betcha generators were one of the first things to go wrong got exchanged for another Ford one then spaced with washers or run with a looser narrower belt.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Paul,

Generators are a huge challenge. All are 40+ years old and have been rebuilt many, many times. It will be a constant failure for you. For a OEM look, I recommend the above mentioned alt in gen body. I spent two years trying to get my gen system to work correctly. It failed me multiple times on road trips.

The gen looks great on my display engine though.

Last edited:

dude234

Gold forum user
The Tiger C4JZ-6312-A pulley is a Ford industrial part, not the normal pulley found on a Ford generator.