Happy 50th to B9472733

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had been aiming to drive my Tiger on the street on its 50th birthday which is today and I made it with no time to spare. It had been sitting since 1992 and recently I dealt with a seized engine and got it running. Hydraulics were the last hurdle and I got the brakes barely operable today and carefully drove around the neighborhood.
It was great to be behind the wheel again and I am so glad I never sold it. The truth is I think I knew all along I never would.
Now a more thorough restoration begins.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug, It was a nice day. Crisp cool air and I didn't get stuck in traffic and have to worry about overheating like I used to when it was my daily driver.

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I miss those days in CA

Right now it is 9 Deg in DC.

Congrats on getting it back on the road, I am awaiting a little more warmer weather to go in the garage. Like yours, mine were last on the road in the early 90s.

I am getting closer, tackling the front end rebuild since I had to remove to install the rebuilt engine.

Will be coming back to CA in Apr to visit Mom (Oxnard), maybe I can get in touch with some of you guys. I normally hit up Warren and Hottiger (right next to me in Camarillo)

Rob

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Re: 50th B-day

Congrats on getting to drive your Tiger on its 50th and to have the weather be good. I'm in Phoenix and the weather is great here...right now. Unfortunately, my Tiger is at the shop getting some work done (paint etc.). I figure I'll get it back about the time the temps here are hovering around 115.:eek:
I'll have to sneak it out early in the morning when its only 98 out.:D
Dave

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Will be coming back to CA in Apr to visit Mom (Oxnard), maybe I can get in touch with some of you guys. I normally hit up Warren and Hottiger (right next to me in Camarillo)

Rob

Rob - In April CAT will be having its meeting at the Queen's English All British Car Meet & Auto Jumble on April 26. I don't know if that fits into your schedule, but there will be a lot of cars there to see. It is in Van Nuys. Here is a link to a flyer - http://www.queens-english.org/queensenglishflyer.pdf Note that there will be visitor parking - the $20 is for having your car part of the meet.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I had been aiming to drive my Tiger on the street on its 50th birthday which is today and I made it with no time to spare. It had been sitting since 1992 and recently I dealt with a seized engine and got it running. Hydraulics were the last hurdle and I got the brakes barely operable today and carefully drove around the neighborhood.
It was great to be behind the wheel again and I am so glad I never sold it. The truth is I think I knew all along I never would.
Now a more thorough restoration begins.

Congrats on getting it out there on time !!:cool:

Any 'birthday' pics to share from yesterday's outing ??

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the comments. I take our weather for granted, I even took the hardtop off because that's the way a Tiger should be driven.
It's not much to look at right now but I'll try to post some pictures this weekend.