alpine restoration

Cal44

Gold forum user
Thank you for the photos. Man........you just get right in there.

Mike

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

the blue alpine was done the same way by tiger auto in 1995. the red harrington was restored in 2006,the fastback in 2008 and the other is a few days from getting epoxy primed. i have been driving the alpine in restoration since i was a teenager in the 60's. my wife bought the rhd harrington from bill atalla in april and our body man checked it out last week and said it should not take too long to finish. we have another harrington after that and then we quit!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i added some photos to my photobucket tonight. the car is now in red epoxy primer and is ready for final body work. all the welding is now done? i also added a photo of my harrington which took first in class along with the black tiger that came in second in class at the pittsburgh show 07/23.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
i posted some more photos of the alpine restoration. they have started the final body work on the rear of the car.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i uploaded more photos of the restoration on my photobucket site. most were taken today.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

posted some more photos taken on monday. the work continues.

Cal44

Gold forum user
I do enjoy seeing your snaps of progress and the shows.

If you will restore a '53-'55 Alpine and post pix I'll have something else to view.

Like someone on the dole............I like spending other peoples restoration money.

Mike

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i have a saying that i throw out quite often. i used to have money, then i got married and now i don't have a clue. i spend another person's money all the time. my wife's! the bad part is that most of what she let's me spend seems to go for something on a sunbeam. i spent a lot of her money in april on the trip to reno to pick up her next project sunbeam. 4668.8 miles round trip at an average of 9 miles to the gal.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i posted a few more photos of the weeks progress. it now has doors!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
i posted a few more photos today. it's closer to getting it's primer. the doors are off of it again.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
i posted a few more photos today. it will receive another coat of primer and then get blocked again. the underneath side only needs a little work and then it is ready for sealer and paint.

Cal44

Gold forum user
dang beam.........you're like the Jay Leno of Sunbeams.

Now, if you can dig up a few Lotus Elans in the collection.............

Mike

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
alpine

when i finish what we want to restore, we'll have three harringtons, three alpines and the 69GT. i have been parting out several other sunbeam projects that we decided we don't have room for since we have less storage due to selling some properties and that means i lost those garages. i even have to rent storage for my two car trailers.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i posted a few more photos on photobucket today. it has forest green in the interior and also in the trunk. it gets the underneath painted next week along with several other small items such as the trunk props, windshield frame,etcit sure looks different than it did when it came out of the tank . all the spots is tape where he closed the openings to prevent overspray coming thru. http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt142/65beam/

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
restoration

i watched today while the bottom of the car and the engine compartment was painted. i posted a few more photos on photobucket. it is green! they plan on starting on the top finish coat next week.