Putting Out Feelers Not 4 Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarton

Bronze forum user
Not 4 Sale! I have a 1966 Tiger, and would perhaps like to sell it if the right price/arrangement can be made. I purchased it in 2005, got a nice few years of enjoyment out of it, but in 2009 ran into some problems.

I started to replace the carpet, and found quite a bit of rust-through in the driver-side floor area. It extended into the wall and out to the bottom of the fender.

The rust repair is done, but the re-assembly and completion of the project is just too much for me to do right now. I moved into a 1944 house, and it is taking up most all of my spare time.

I have about $30,000 tied up in the car, and would like to see how much of that I can recover. Most all of the parts are there, no air cleaner, but lots of it needs repairing/refinishing.

I don't have any pictures of the current state, but will post the JAL and VIN tags.

Any feedback or interest can be sent to:

Not 4 Sale!

Thanks,

AG

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
May Want to Provide More Info

Alan,

There are a lot of things that affect your car's worth. Does it have all the original parts? Has it been modified and what is the quality of those mods? Where has the car spent most of its life (snow and salt versus sun and dust)? Lastly, one suggestion is to get the car TAC inspected (if it hasn't been yet). This gives some assurance to the buyer that they are not getting an Alpine with a Tiger VIN/JAL plate. It is getting easier to duplicate "original" VIN plate rivets, so they are no longer a reliable indicator.

Good luck with your car, regardless of whatever you end up doing with it.

Warren

Gold forum user
Remember the car

Long time no see. Good to have you back if only just to see the car find a new home.

The old for sale thread is soft deleted we can bring it back..

Last edited:

agarton

Bronze forum user
Thanks for the response

Thanks to all that have looked, but after sleeping on it, I find that I just can't part with the car.

AG

Status
Not open for further replies.