Brake upgrades

Warren

Gold forum user
BANG

Man when you pull a hub you turn and turn saying to yourself it's going to bang off and I'm ready, but still I jumped like a dog near a firecracker:eek:

GrabberBlue

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Make sure you are pulling from all four wheel studs or you risk bending the hub !! I used this hub puller with the optional fourth leg and it worked extremely well...

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-7394-Univ..._UL320_SR246,320_&refRID=1JYFEF4J8ZZA7WTEY9A6

Moondoggie

This got ordered before the other advice filtered in. Worked like a charm. Also, I don't have welding capabilities, so fabricating stuff isn't in my bag of tricks.

Man when you pull a hub you turn and turn saying to yourself it's going to bang off and I'm ready, but still I jumped like a dog near a firecracker

Glad I had all my weight on the breaker bar off to the side when it popped. That puller weighs quite a bit and jumped pretty far.

Thanks to all.

Derrick

GrabberBlue

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Never mind, pretty sure I figured it out. Part on the right is thick enough that the seal flange will clear the parking brake hardware without cutting it.

End of edit.

That didn't take long - next question!!!

In the attached picture, I think I need to trim the flange that holds the bearing seal to match the plasma cut piece that came with the brakes. And that just goes over the top of the cut piece and you dress that sandwich with silicone gasket sealant.

Thanks again for getting me over the first hurdle.

Derrick

Last edited:

GrabberBlue

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
How about the grommet for where the E brake cable goes through the floor. Dale's cable(s) are more substantial than stock and the original grommet is not exactly soft & supple.

I've been on some Grommets R Us web sites but it seems to be a bit of a needle in a hay stack kind of thing to find the right grommet. Doesn't look to me like SS has it, at least not in the exploded diagrams in his pdf catalog.

Anybody have a head start for me?

Thanks.

Derrick