My version of a LAT hood

PITT40

Gold forum user
So it's not finished yet. It still needs final filler and sanding. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I bought a flat fiberglass hood from http://www.usbody.com/. Let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart. They ship the hood with the frame separate from the hood top. They use 5/16" bolts instead of the stock 1/4" and their holes are not perfectly aligned. So I had to use a carbide bit to hog out the hinge holes so I could bolt the frame to the car. Then the frame wasn't shaped perfectly to the contour of the car so when the top side was laid on there were high and low spots. I used 3M panel bond to glue the halves together and used corrugated cardboard wedges between the hood top edges and the steel outer body to get it to fit my body contour after gooping up the entire structure with panel bond. Then after it setup, I went back and squirted panel bond into the open areas, then followed with Duraglass fiberglass filler in those seams. Then I had the whole experience of fitting the scoops. I also used fiberglass angle to add "guide vanes" to divert the hot air away from the carburetor intake area and make it go out the exit scoops. Not sure if it will actually work because I'm not and engineer, but it seemed like it could could keep the cool and hot air separate.