Victoria British

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Common Problem

Their return policies are generous, BUT, they don't seem to correct the issues.

Warren

Gold forum user
Generous

Not when it comes to being a vendor. How's a "Your car's are an insignificant part of our business." I could go on and on but as I understand they bagged off any support for CAT back in the day when they balked at an increase in Tiger Tales printed ad.

Sunbeam Specialties is the only provider . We had a glass shop owner who said he could get em for 75 bucks each but only in a huge quantity, he had since retired.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
VB

When you need a windshield for just about anything, contact Pilkington Glass. They carry windshields for Tigers and all series of Alpines. Not cheap but high quality and they fit. They have a few hundred centers in the states. We recently bought two windshields for series 2 Alpines. Cost was $270.00 each. I picked them up at the east coast distribution center in Columbus. Toll free phone number on their site.

Warren

Gold forum user
Bell

Thanks Bob.. there is a Pilkington in Bell California. I guess if you're getting glass covered by insurance it's easy not to care what they pay. Lee left the glass business shortly after making the hard top windows.
Rick's as I recall are priced much lower as I recall. I've had 4 or 5 parts cars and never had one with a good screen. Always wiper scored or blasted. I had a chance to buy a NOS one for 300 but it's a hard thing to have laying around till you need it.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Windshield

I picked up a new windshield a few months back and am ready for the installer to go ahead, but I wanted to make sure mine will fit. When some of you that had a new windshield delivered and it's too tall, what is that measurement and what would the correct measurement for height be. Your help is appreciated.
Brian

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Windshield

We're the windshield's that didn't fit because they were too tall, were they old stock or a problem that existed years ago, now rectified? Does anyone purchasing a Victoria British windshield recently, have it installed without any issues......Anyone...... :confused:
Brian

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
VB

Doug Jennings installed one in the Blue car in 2009 and the green car in 2013. They fit at those times using SS rubber. That's the most recent we've done with no problems. I've heard that they have shipped a windshield for series 1 & 2 Alpines a couple times. There's no way they would fit a Tiger windshield frame.

Attachments

• 100_0545.JPG
    100_0545.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 106
  • 107_1006.jpg
    107_1006.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 110

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Windshield measurement

For those of you that have wondered about the measurement of the height of the windshield, measured in the center, from top to bottom, it should be 15 7/8"
This is from an old stock series 4/5 Alpine which fits our cars. Thank you Brett for your help.
Brian

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Windshield

Just in case anybody needs to order a windshield, I ordered one from Victoria British recently. It was packaged up very well, it fits perfectly, no blemishes or distortion. No complaints.
Thanks to all that added to the thread.
Brian :)

artist

Bronze forum user
VB windshield

I bought mine a year + ago and just got it installed last week. What a royal pain in the ars. Eventually got it in but the SS trim around doesn't fit so well any more. But the old windshield and molding were so bad that almost anything is better. I'll just not look at the trim too much and be glad it's in place. Grin and bear it...

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Windshield

Sometimes if a windshield has been in and out a few times over the history of the car, the stainless trim can be bent a little by one of the installers, (this is the fourth time I have replaced this in my car over the 33 years I have owned it.) never fitting well there after. I had this problem. I had different trim put in and solved the ill fitting issue. My suspected piece was the longer lower piece, once replaced it looked great.
Brian