New silverstone wheels in 15"

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They have now reproduced the silverstone wheels in 4x108 and in 15".

Yeay!

15x6 4x108 PCD Era Correct Alloy wheel GC360 Silverstone II Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger

Attachments

• s-l400 (36).jpg
    s-l400 (36).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 447
  • s-l400 (35).jpg
    s-l400 (35).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 405

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for posting that-do you have a link to the seller's site?
I bought a very rusty Alpine parts car last year just to get this set of 13 inch wheels!
They are only 4 1/2 inches wide but will look good on my Alpine.

Attachments

• DSC06250.jpg
    DSC06250.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 340

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I wish they were a little wider but no-they are 4 1/2 inches wide.
Thanks for the link, I have seen a set of them on a TVR Griffith last year. Very nice!

Attachments

• DSC00704.jpg
    DSC00704.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 313

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
They have now reproduced the silverstone wheels in 4x108 and in 15".

Yeay!

15x6 4x108 PCD Era Correct Alloy wheel GC360 Silverstone II Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger

That company is not far from here...
A friend just bought a set of Silverstone II's for his TR250 restoration
I like the 'look' of them in 15" a lot better than the 'new' 15" LAT 70's

ahetzel

Gold forum user
I checked and the new style Silverstones have an offset of 24 MM at 6" wide.

CLGTiger

Bronze forum user
Just put them on my car & I love them. Good guys to deal with and fairly priced. Only thing I would have wanted was a supplied piece to mount the optional spinners.

Attachments

• SUN_Passenger Profile.jpg
    SUN_Passenger Profile.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 320

AshUK

Silver forum user
That company is not far from here...
A friend just bought a set of Silverstone II's for his TR250 restoration
I like the 'look' of them in 15" a lot better than the 'new' 15" LAT 70's

I cant believe how badly the manufacturer managed to mess up the new 15"LAT 70's. In my simplistic opinion all they had to do was 'scale- up' the original design but they have made the wheel look more like a Weller steel wheel.:mad:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The issue is the design of the LAT70 doesnt lend itself to the larger wheel, would be the same issue with the LAT9... You need to alter scale of the hub centre.. Hole size and number.

Same issue when 8 spoke minilite wheels get to larger sizes.

In period there were 14" wheels in LAT70 style and they look fine. Its all about proportion and scale

AshUK

Silver forum user
The issue is the design of the LAT70 doesnt lend itself to the larger wheel, would be the same issue with the LAT9... You need to alter scale of the hub centre.. Hole size and number.

Same issue when 8 spoke minilite wheels get to larger sizes.

In period there were 14" wheels in LAT70 style and they look fine. Its all about proportion and scale

Its not rocket science and ET Wheels managed to make a set of one offs LAT 70's that look much better than the current offering.

Attachments

• lat_70_1565.jpg
    lat_70_1565.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 183

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its not rocket science and ET Wheels managed to make a set of one offs LAT 70's that look much better than the current offering.

The ET wheel seems to have a sharper steeper recess for the hub which defines the centre section of the hub better, but id like to see the ET on a car for a better isea of it vs the comon 15" offering.

As a side note, im not defending the look of the 15" repro LAT.. I think the proportions are awkward, but i am suggesting its not a simple scale up exercise :cool:

AshUK

Silver forum user
No worries Michael. Its great to chat about these things and point taken about the scaling up.
Its a shame as I am sure if the wheels looked right they would be selling like hot cakes.:)

The Silverstone's look good tho:D

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Im waiting for some 15x6 bolt on replicas of the LM tigers dunlops :-D ...

But I'd love a set of the pse 14" hsc55 5 hole halibrand kidney bean replicas.. Anyome upscaling to 15s and wants to sell??....

Or some 14" replicas of the brm gt40 wheels ...or.. or...or.... :p

AshUK

Silver forum user
Just put them on my car & I love them. Good guys to deal with and fairly priced. Only thing I would have wanted was a supplied piece to mount the optional spinners.

Looks great. What size tyres are you running?

AshUK

Silver forum user
I like them. Are they available ?

Unfortunately I don't think so as they were CNC'd as a one-off set for a customer a few years ago. When I spoke to ET Wheels they said they would have to make a mould to go into production on a larger scale.
You could always contact them?