Aluminium front hubs

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The stock front hub ís a known weak point, and a concern when running larger tires, autocrosing, road racing, ỏr just for piêce of mind.

Another club member hás asked me to make some stock dimensioned, 4 x 4.25 aluminium hubs. If thểre ís a demand for 5 bolt hubs I will run thếse at the same time

It ís unlikely that I will run these again, so ì you want them nơ is the time

Warren

Gold forum user
Pitt40

Lance tells me he used a Mustang II front hub but had to do some shimming I recall. He's in PA. in the roster and has gone over to the Darkside but still returns a text or call.

No modified does not equal Darkside.. IMHO

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Lance tells me he used a Mustang II front hub but had to do some shimming I recall. He's in PA. in the roster and has gone over to the Darkside but still returns a text or call.

No modified does not equal Darkside.. IMHO

I think he went with a hub from a 65-68 mustang 5-bolt drum brake. IIRC there was some custom spacer to put one of the bearing sets in the right place. If you dig through his posts, the info should be there.
-Kevin

Hoghead

Gold forum user
If one can use a Mustang hub then I will not bother

To clarify, this hub uses the stock 4 x 4.25" bolt pattern, places the wheel in the stock location, and accepts the stock rotors. It is a replacement hub, that addresses the weakness in the stock design.

What is not stock is the seal. The new hub is being redesigned now to accept a more readily available seal and then will be running these aluminium hubs.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is off topic, but do you think you might be making any 5-lug rear hubs? I know Doug Jennings was making them, but I don't know if he still does as the shop shut down.
Thanks, -Kevin

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
5 lug rear hubs

Kevin,

Tiger Auto has been closed but Doug's machinist is not. I'm sure you can get some 5 lug rears through Doug or Douggie.

Buck
at the beach

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I had not thought of it, and last year would have been the time when I had my hubs off for my new disc brake project.

I might give it a go if there is sufficient interest, but it would involve a bit of time and I am a bit busy right now.

I see Tigers with 5 bolt Ford wheels so what do they do if not using a Ford rear end?

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I will be running these next week, and probably never again.
If you want a set now is the time to speak up