New guy here

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Great info

Just found this thread. The car is looking better and better! A lot of good work already done, and just a bit more to go. Congrats!

You may have already heard some or all of this, but here are some of the details about the previous rebuild of that car.

That is a LOT more than I knew. Thanks for that info it really helps me decide what to do with that engine. And, it looks like I need to do something about the Tach. The underside of the car looks really great and Doc's did a fantastic job of taking care of strengthening all the weak points and the trans tunnel. Yes, it's getting there and thanks for the encouragement. Much appreciated.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Dash Board

The dash is out now and is going to be re-skinned. The issue I'm having is what goes where? There is remnants of the lettering for a couple and some are self explanatory. Of the 3 holes on the left side, the larger one had a switch rigged into it and the one between the fuel guage and the clock delete I think was a waring light made into a switch for the blower with and Alpine tag?
If anyone would could send some pics of a correct MKIA dash I'd appreciate it.
Pics attached before removal.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 252

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Wires

Wiring the car now. Dash is refinished. Thanks to whoever posted the company info for the lettering. A little fiddly but it looks good. Progress!

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 247

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
It's outside !

First test drive. It's all dusty so, will look better when the final polish is complete. Ran good and stayed cool. (ok, it was only 75 out and the hood was off ;-)
Couple of minor issues to get sorted and should be ready to hit the road after 25 years ! (3 of those years in the shop)

Attachments

• Tiger outside.jpg
    Tiger outside.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 210

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
On the road again

Finally on the road after 25+ years. I even entered it in a local car show in the 'stock sports car class'. Did not get an award though. Wasn't expecting anything really. Still have to outfit the trunk and some other bits and pieces. There were only 6 or 7 cars in the class and one was a 1953 XJ140 that was unbelievably perfect as well as 2 perfect 70s Triumphs. I sure had a crowd around the car all day though. Can't wait for the next Tiger event. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Tiger WnW 2.jpg
    Tiger WnW 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 170
  • Tiger WnW.jpg
    Tiger WnW.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 166

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looking Great!

Jim,

Your car is looking really good. Love the tan interior with your green paint. It's a beautiful combination.

It's a great feeling to be able to drive one's Tiger after decades since the last time. Congratulations!

CLIFF_MK1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Your Tiger looks really cool, and the tan and green are a great combination. How does it run? Cliff

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Thanks for the nice comments. Never would have thought I'd paint a car green! But, after matching it up with the dark tan, it was a go. This is actually the first time driving it for me. The 25 years was mostly in the PO's garage. It spent the last 3.5 years being restored. Which I might add, was aided by a lot of CAT members, ebay, SS, and several others. Runs like a champ. Engine is new so, I'm trying to be nice to it.:) Which is really hard for a lead foot.:D

Attachments

• Tiger @ WnW 18.jpg
    Tiger @ WnW 18.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Stunning color - what is it?

Hi Jim,

Just checking out your restoration. My car is currently in the shop for paint, and I've been debating green or not. Your looks gorgeous, a little different from Sunbeam BRG, and I wanted to ask what color is it?

Apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread.

--Woody
382000782 (originally BRG, currently undecided)

Funny how things evolve. The rebuild rear end and posi are in and painted.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Green

Woody, I picked a color out of the House of Kolor chart. I think it was S2-SG113 but I'll have to double check that. Also, it was custom blended with a little Black and a small amount of pearl. I'll see if I can dig up the actual blend.

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Much appreciated! I found the S2-SG113 online, so I think your memory is probably spot on. It looks incredible. I've always like green, but sometimes the Sunbeam BRG looks a little too brown to me. I think you've chosen well.

--Woody

Woody, I picked a color out of the House of Kolor chart. I think it was S2-SG113 but I'll have to double check that. Also, it was custom blended with a little Black and a small amount of pearl. I'll see if I can dig up the actual blend.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
BRG

Thanks for the compliments Woody. Really appreciated. I think I mentioned this elsewhere but, green is not a color I ever thought I would paint a car. But, BRG was a thought that was in my head and when I started looking at interiors the saddle tan just seemed to scream green. Like you, I wasn't crazy about BRG so after getting several beer cans sprayed as samples and matching them up with the tan, it just came together. The original color was Artic white which I wasn't crazy about either. Best of luck to you and your project. Cheers!

Doug C

Gold forum user
Paint code S2-SG113

What a great color! I too looked it up on line very nice. Can’t wait to see the actual car. Are you located in California? If so what part.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jim,
I think you need to get a copyright for "American Racing Green". You definitely have a winner there...
-Kevin

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
A better pic

I'm not the greatest at photography. I took these pics in front of my house a couple weeks ago. I like looking at the cars that come up for auction on BaT. I noticed in their guidelines for taking pictures they say to shoot on a cloudy day or, in the shade. These are in full sun. Car looks black in some pics.

Attachments

• tiger green.jpg
    tiger green.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136
  • tiger dark.jpg
    tiger dark.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Still at it

I'm still sorting stuff out. The spare tire hold down plate that attaches to the trunk floor was missing. I could see where it used to be. (why and how did it go missing?) Got one from the UK and it is an exact repro as far as I can tell. I have a few of the clips for the jack and lug wrench but need to find the rest and figure out where they go. The holes are still there so, that give me some idea. I've looked at pics of tons of tiger trunks and they are all different. Still need to replace the pitted windshield, looks like VB is the only route. Going to get the trunk floor from rick and get that installed. There is probably more that I can't think of right now. Oh, I need the correct hold down bolt and plate for the spare. Does this ever stop?

Attachments

• Tiger spare hold down.jpg
    Tiger spare hold down.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 85