Looking for MK1 from Shelby Collection

Red Tiger

New forum user
I haven't been on any Sunbeam site since 1998, having gone other directions for the last 20 years.

I'm curious and would like to find out what became of a 1965 Tiger MK1 that I owned during 1980 - 1998. The VIN number is B9472076 LRXFE. I recently decided to find out where it was, last I knew it was owned by 'Randy Sneed' in Colorado who bought it in 2001.

I was astounded to learn that ole' Carrol Shelby himself bought it in either 2002 or 2003, intending for it to be his wife's car. Who would have known. I've contacted Norman Miller who confirmed this story, but can't help me with the current owner. The car is not shown on the collection's website now, so it may have been sold or auctioned after 2012.

I found a photo in a Shelby tribute article written in 2012 that showed it displayed somewhere, in company with Shelby's personal Shelby-Dodge collection. Except for different wheels and steering wheel it appears exactly the way I sold it; red with a tan interior and MkII headlamp rims.

All the body work (extensive!!) was done in my parent's garage in 1981-84, and the current red applied about 1994 during a 2nd rebuild. The car was originally black with a red interior.

I would like to find out where it is now and contact the current owner. If I could afford to, wouldn't mind buying it back.

Steve Salata
Pinckney, MI.

Attachments

• 65-Sunbeam-Tiger-978-Howard-Koby-photo-690x450.jpg
    65-Sunbeam-Tiger-978-Howard-Koby-photo-690x450.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 193

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Contacts Help

You could try asking Cleo S. who bought it. She's on facebook and responds to polite car related confab.

Red Tiger

New forum user
Looks like it was 'cobrakidz' here who sold the car to Shelby in 2003, based on my searching.

Warren

Gold forum user
Bruce

Serial car seller, lucky for you lots of other red cars out there to choose from. Wonder what the mark up will be with the "once owned by" :eek:

Red Tiger

New forum user
Serial car seller, lucky for you lots of other red cars out there to choose from. Wonder what the mark up will be with the "once owned by" :eek:

Maybe I could sell all the nude car-body photos to TMZ. Quite shocking (what I started with)!

Steve

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
It indeed was me who owned it in the early/mid 2000's, I sold it to Shelby and I understand it is in his collection now. You did a great job on the car.

Attachments

• tigermine.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 218

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I have seen Cleo a couple times since Carroll passed and when we talk it sounds like the Tiger is still in either her possession or the Shelby Collection, but not sold on to another owner.