B9471929

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Greetings all, I bought B9471929 at the beginning of my quest to find a new Tiger. It turned out to be too far from the end result I wanted, and so I've never done anything to it. I'd been fooling myself that I would restore it eventually, but as in the past year I've managed to carve out about 10 minutes to work on my other primo Tiger.... come to the conclusion it's not going to happen. So, I'll post it on here first to see if anyone's interested before going to eBay.

B9471929, was owned for a long time by LA autocross fixture Craig Angel. California car, no rust. Has spent the last 15 years mostly in storage. Runs and drives, but really needs a complete restoration. Built 302, 6 bolt, scattershield. Engine has an oil pressure problem, that is, low oil pressure when the engine gets hot, that I've never been able to solve. Detailed in the forum posts if you care to look. Engine runs excellent and has a lot of power. 2.88 open diff. Original color Midnight Blue, now a kind of battleship grey color. Mostly all original parts, has been hit several times on all 4 corners with body work of varying quality, has a partial series V rear clip and a plywood trunk floor. Hasn't been TAC'd yet. Norm has it listed as "a decent collection of original parts". I'm looking to get around $20k for it.
Bob Knight
Ramona CA
View attachment 5553

View attachment 5554

View attachment 5555

View attachment 5556

View attachment 5557

View attachment 5558

View attachment 5559

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Bob--I see you have had a change of heart. I have seen many pics of this car and it is a great place for someone start their Tiger build. Good luck with the sale...... :)

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Tiger Time

More like a "look at the calendar reality check" than a change of heart... Haven't been able to find enough extra time in the past year to do the finishing touches on B9471705, and so it sits 97.5% complete. Also getting tired of the Mrs. asking why I need TWO Tigers, since we already have several other classic cars - and Tiger's aren't her favorite because they blow your hair around and make too much noise. I need another unfinished project like I need a hole in my head, so as much as I would enjoy restoring another Tiger, realistically I should just pass this on to someone who has the time to do something with it. Will list it on eBay at the end of the month if no interest here.
Bob K.
B9471705
B9471929

Warren

Gold forum user
Hmmmm

Where have I heard that before... "Nice collection of parts," :)
Bob put her up on a rack and post as many big pics as you can on a photo hosting site.

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
photo hosting

I did take a bunch of pictures of the underneath for an interested party, the bottom actually looks better than the top, for one thing, the rockers, where the back east cars look horrible, are totally rust free and straight as an arrow. As for putting photos on a hosting site... that's a little beyond my computer expertise - I was lucky to get the thumbnails on the posting!
Bob Knight
B9471705
B9471929
View attachment 5602

View attachment 5603

View attachment 5604