SUNI VI

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Pictures look good I think, when I click on a pic it is really small, how do I blow it up? If I save it even that saved pic is small. My eyes aren't that bad----I hope !!!!!

Warren

Gold forum user
Great Job

Lots of pics of Grey Panthers along with multi colored Tigers:)

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Pictures look good I think, when I click on a pic it is really small, how do I blow it up?

I used the magnifying glass button (lots of times that icon represents search) but it was a painfully slow process to go back and look at next pic. Your choice of browser results may vary.

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
SUNI Pix

Pictures look good I think, when I click on a pic it is really small, how do I blow it up? If I save it even that saved pic is small. My eyes aren't that bad----I hope !!!!!

Strange - I have never had that issue before - send me a PM with your email and I will send you a direct link that might work better...

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
"Slide Show"

I tried the slide show option and the photos pop up in a larger format and much easier on the eyes. Great pics!

Rick

v13311

New forum user
I'm sure that quite a few of us would like to hear a synopsis of what Rosemary Smith and Graham Robson had to say at SUNI. Any information of interest would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Rosemary Smith

Sorry - I talked to her briefly but was gone before the talk...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Amazing turn out of tigers.. Some great other models too. The alpine presence seemed a bit low though. Would love to see some pics and video of the auto x

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There's too much on the plate right now to have the time to report on Graham's or Rosemary's presentations in any detail. Both were highly entertaining. Graham's spent a most of the time covering his CV while he teamed as Rosemary's interviewer on the second night.

The synopsis request doesn't address the way SUNI or a TU work. Basically every attendee had access to the VIP guests. I probably spent 45 minutes chatting directly with Graham and an hour or two with Rosemary. So if any attendee had any questions they all had the opportunity to stop and chat directly to the guests. Every attendee's experience is different.

Time to grab some breakfast and then hope to put 800 miles towards home today.

BTW, Dale won best Modified & Popular vote.

Mike Woods, Tom McDaniel and Doug Jennings were the quickest in autocross.

Rande Bellman and I tied for the win in the quiz.

Almost had a bad electrical fire during the rally while a Harrington LeMans Alpine was parked during the lunch break but onlookers jumped in and disconnected the battery before much damage could occur.

I was shocked how well Alpines and Tigers did on the climb to the 14,120' top of Pike's peak.

bt
heading towards the beach

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Left SUNI yesterday morning. Got back home today at lunch time. Steve Alcala is a couple hours back.

I believe Allan Ballard is not heading right back to Atlanta. After SUNI he planned to drive his Tiger even further west. I think he's heading to Washington state and then will work his way south. He says we'll even see him next moth at the Monterey races. That's a very impressive Tiger driver!

bt
at the beach

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SUNI

i counted 19 alpines plus the harrington and steve's car. that's not a bad number. steve and i were discussing the good turnout of the alpines. this number was high compared to most meets.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SUNI

buck,
i told allan he is the "EVEREADY BUNNY". he just keeps going and going!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SUNI

buck,
we left for ohio saturday morning and we're presently in st.louis. doug probably was home yesterday. we won't make it until monday afternoon.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Black Tiger home

Bonnie and I drove the same route home we used to get to SUNI. After breakfast Sunday we left Colorado Springs for Grand Junction. Departed 4:00 AM Sunday to St George which was HOT 95? when we arrived about 11 AM and got hotter 108? while we chilled in the Comfort inn.

The final leg home on I 15 also started at 4:00 AM. Comfortable but after gassing up in Primm NV I noticed "no charge" light on. Banging regulator and generator had no effect but the battery was fully charged and headlights no longer needed. When we got home 250 miles later 10:00 AM Monday we could still start it on battery power and put in the garage. (relief)

Rick

Last edited:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Going East

What Bob is referring to is blowing the upper hose in the middle of nothing Utah on I 70. Temp was about 215ish so not extreme pressure. Underside of the bend just off the water pump ruptured. The hole looked like an exit wound from a bullet. (Manufacture defect?)

Of course that was not evident when the hood went up with coolant everywhere. Easy to locate once we got water in it as it just ran out in a 1/4 inch stream. Good luck, not bad getting the blow out in range of a Rest Area. I had a spare... at home *%&# and duct tape just did not hold pressure!

The real miracle was the flat bed that showed up as if by magic and hauled us to the day's destination Motel and pool. That was a million to one. So no no hard luck award earned or deserved. There was even an O'reilly's in walking distance. Fixed it and drove the Tiger to an early Dinner and then to and from SUNI. AutoX and 100 plus mile Rally yes, of course.

Rick

PS this is both unbelievable? and TRUE!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SUNI

rick,
we had just crossed into Kansas on Saturday when all of a sudden the GMC and trailer started moving all over the road at 80 MPH. I looked in the mirrors and the new trailer tire on the back axle, driver side had blown. it also ripped the fender loose and it was sticking up the side of the trailer. it must have been close to 100 f on the side of the road as we changed the tire and put the fender in place. we drove on to Goodland, Kansas and found a farm co/op open and had to buy two tires. it seems these farming towns roll up the side walks at noon and it was 4:00 in the afternoon. they said they were open late since it was wheat harvest time. they had sold 50 tires and repaired many on Saturday. everything went smooth until we hit rain outside Indianapolis Monday P.M. it rained so hard that trucks were down to 40 MPH. it normally is about four hours from INDY to home and it rained at least three hours.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
SUNI DISASTERS

ONLY TWO REPORTED DISASTEROUS INSIDENTS. AT SUNI I ALMOST EVERYBODY HAD A TALE OF WOE WITH BLOWN TIRES, FLATS AND OTHER INCIDENTS. TIGER TOM ON THE WAY HOME WAS REARENDED AT A TOLL BOOTH TOTALING THE ROOTER ROOTER .