2016 AACA Grand National

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi All

On Saturday June 4, 2016 the AACA held its annual Grand National Meet. This show moves to a different location around the county each year and this year it was held in Williamsport, PA. The Pennsylvania College of Technology served as the host site and over 600 cars were displayed on the grassy areas and under the trees across the campus. The cars, ranging from the early days of motoring right through to the 1980’s, represented some of the best antique automobiles on the road, since to qualify for the show, a car must already be an AACA Senior Award winner. My 1965 Tiger MkI was judged in the Open Vehicle 1961-1969 Class (Of the dozen cars in the class most Healey 3000’s and MGB’s.), as was a beautiful 1963 Alpine. My Tiger received a 1st Place Grand National Award and the Alpine received a 2nd Place Award. 1st Place cars must achieve 380 out of 400 points and 2nd place requires a minimum of 370 points. In addition, 1st place cars must be within 5 points of the car receiving the most points in the class. It was a beautiful day and the rain held off just long enough to get all the cars judged. To get that many cars judged takes an army of volunteers who not only spend their day judging but also volunteer their time to learn how to be a judge--Compliments to the AACA for organizing and staging a fabulous event.

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cobra

You are correct...the Alpine is absolutely gorgeous and has won multiple Concours awards.

I am not an Alpine expert, but I believe the color is called Seacrest Green. The contrasting hardtop and wire wheels are an off white color...not sure of the color name.