Sir APB Smythe

New forum user
Hello All - By means of background, I have just acquired a MK1 Tiger from California (Vin : B9472878 HROFE - TAC 0878). I am based in Melbourne, Australia. The story goes that the car was bought new from the UK by a US Serviceman and has spent its whole life until now in the US and whilst undergoing a colour change from green to white, always remained in RHD configuration (hence my interest)
The guy I bought it from, whilst pleasant and helpful, did not have any history (or provenance as the Brits like to call it) on the car. Norm Miller sent me a photo showing it on its side prior to restoration and that is pretty much it.

I have owned a couple of Tigers previously including one of the last South African Violets but this is by far in the best condition and would dearly love to complete a more comprehensive picture. To that end, if anyone knows more about this car, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Will

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Will,

There was a rather long description of this car when it was for sale on eBay in Nevada iirc around 2009/10. The description then seemed to undermine some of the description given during its eBay listing this year.

Warren

Gold forum user
P.O.

The guy lives in Hancock Park a swanky area close to the Wilshire Country Club. I had some roots in that area but in the apartment's up the road. I still have his contact information. That fella has double digit collection of cars, yet he told me he's looking for a Falcon squire wagon go figure.

Looked to be a pretty nice car from the eBay listing.

Sir APB Smythe

New forum user
Thanks Warren - that sounds like my vendor but he doesn't have much info on my car.

The car is as good as it looks and it would be great to locate the guy who actually did the restoration. Thanks for your response.

Cheers,
Will