New tires

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As many of you know cars wheels are getting beigger and its harder to find good "sporting" tyres for our sunbeams. A while back i switched from 13" to 14" wheels on my Alpine and Tiger. Unfortunatly its still hard to find good sporting tyres for 14" you either get cheap tyres or semi race.

On the Alpine i have been running 175/60/14 Falken Azenis 215's, a great semi slick. Good traction, reasonable wear, OK (ish) if its damp.. but they are noisy tyres and throw up stones...

The Tiger has Dunlop Sport SP 195/55/14's, not an easy size to get and impossible down under. I am now changing tyres and dont want to go for the semi slicks on the Tiger.. I am about to try these.. Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 i hear good things, semi slick compound but quieter and almost as good grip... my set are ordered and im getting the first set in AU... 195/60/14
dunlop_SPSportZ1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
14 inch hold out

Michael

I use 14" Wheels on my Tigers on the highway. Recently Sumitumo HTR 200 and they perform fine as street tires. Good reviews for the money which was not pricey at all.

Also have a set of 14 inch Yokohama AVS ES100 tires (tyres) on Black Tiger. They are sold as a high performance summer dry tire.

Rick

tiger331

Bronze forum user
Tires

Hy,
I ride the Toyo R888 Semislicks on my tiger 185/60R13 front and 205/60R13 rear. You are right, they are a little louder than the normal ones. But the grip is outstanding. I have also driven them in heavy rain and I was able to drive at round about 80 to 100 km/h with them. So for me, the pro is much more than the con.
All we need with the tigers is grip, you know.:cool:

regards
Hans