Fuel Line

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My fuel line is crushed between crossover pipe to pump. The last owner also had clutch work done and that line is crushed also. Anyone have a replacements kicking around or know of a good fuel line fabricator?

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Classic Tube feedback and question...

OK, I ordered up replacement fuel, brake and clutch lines.

What I'm finding is, they aren't a perfect match. This is disappointing, but no longer surprises me considering the mfg of these cars. I could use any suggestions...

1) Line bending? Can I simply (carefully) manually bend these?
To be honest, I've already done a few lighter bends / twists, but more concerned about a bigger bend from the rear brake connection, past trans tunnel, to front brake connection. To me, the bend seems to be opposite / more than off-axis AND quite possibly too short unless I remove their bends.
I thought perhaps that the front (RH) brake line would be longer to compensate, but no luck, that one is VERY close to original bends and length.

2) Line in tunnel? Looks like we squeeze & push the fuel and brake lines up into the small weld gap on the lower part of the trans tunnel... I'm concerned about clearance for transmission and do I need to worry about trying to push lines to far into that gap? The body flex won't cause pinches I would think/hope. Bigger concern is at motor / trans install, yes?

3) Original paint in tunnel fyi
As I've seen a few questions previously, just another "this is what my car has" comparison. You can see the new, bluer paint on the upper firewall and older original paint underneath into trans tunnel. There's also an undercoating/sealant which is flaking off around the weld perimeter, which was under the color coat.

Thanks for your suggestions as always.... Kind of big $ not to have it fit 100% spot on at install...

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Hand bending is no issue.

For tight bends, which you should not have many, run down to autozone and get one of these -

w86013.jpg

Buy a length of same size tube to practice on.

DCTiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bought Brake & Clutch Lines As Well

Will report out how different mine are as well. I won't be able to compare the lines that went to the servo, since they were bent together and coupled with a 90 deg elbow. Should get mine in a couple days.

Robert

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They Work Well

Will report out how different mine are as well. I won't be able to compare the lines that went to the servo, since they were bent together and coupled with a 90 deg elbow. Should get mine in a couple days.

Robert

I noted that the lines all needed a bit of "adjustment" tweaking, but nothing dramatic. The left front caliper line that runs behind the cross member seemed to be snipped for a non-factory route. They did not provide the union for the AN3 nuts that join the down pipe with the rear tunnel brake line.
Used 5 sets from them so far and none of them were exact duplicates. Must be a fer real human being involved . . . . . . .