Jack

Warren

Gold forum user
The big one came​ from late SV and the short one with MK1 maybe which is correct for which and what's the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20170327_175650406.jpg
    IMG_20170327_175650406.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 147

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can you retract the longer one for an easier comparison? Might help to see them both in the same position...

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Warren, is there a name stamped on the top side of the square tubing that says Metallifacture? If not, it may be a jack made by Shelley. Shelley jacks had a sticker or decal placed on them, but a good chance a lot of them have been worn off. From what I can tell Shelly jacks were on early cars and a little longer in length, where as the Metallifacture jacks were shorter overall and a nub on the top side of the square tube to prevent the square tube being inserted too far, these jacks I believe are found in the trunks of later cars.
Brian

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jacks

I have a number of them, and some are black, and some are grey, with two lengths. I think the Tiger ones were black, and the shorter ones were from Mk1's and the Mk1a's and the Mk 2's were long. I think the grey jacks were from the early winged Alpines. I knew this once before in the 70's when I stripped a number of cars, but the memory isn't what it used to be.....lol I wonder if the parts book would have a different part number from a certain VIN onward.......

Mlerne

Silver forum user
I have the larger MK1A and MKII jack in excellent condition if anyone would like to trade for the smaller MK1 version, thanks.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
As long as were talking sizes...... mine is 19 11/16" in it's lowest setting, from top to bottom. How long are the Mkl's ones, or short ones?
Brian

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Mine comes in at 17 3/4 inches...no stampings or stickers, but has the 'nub' on the square stock...Kirk B382000503

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
According to The Book, any grey (or is it gray?) jack started life with an Alpine...

Warren

Gold forum user
No nub

No Metallifacture brand stamping or Shelley sticker. I have seen a SIII highly original with a stock black jack . I mean still had the plastic 65 SUNB plastic goodie under the SAL tag and lot's of other features.

Attachments

• IMG_20170411_112749364.jpg
    IMG_20170411_112749364.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 85