Look what I got today

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Finally official

I finally got the car over to the CHP and I now have a legit title (well it's in the mail anyway) I pushed the CHP officer as much as I could and got the entire VIN number on my reg. However it is still a 'Rootes' and not a Sunbeam. Wikipedia pages, CAT forum print outs nor nagging could get Sunbeam on the title. So a little disappointed but a victory on the VIN.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
look

We have three cars in our Sunbeam fleet that have titles that read "ROOTES" and one reads "ROOTS " with no "E". Two of these cars were originally sold in Maryland , one in Texas and the other in Columbus. Ohio won't change the titles to read Sunbeam since that's how they were originally titled.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good deal getting the full VIN on there. I jumped through this same hoop too and managed only to get SUNBE on title. I have seen ROOTS and SUNBM, but that data field is limited to 5 characters for newly titled CA cars. Just be thankful that you didn't wind up with a CA registration plate!
Cheers -Kevin

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Yup

We have three cars in our Sunbeam fleet that have titles that read "ROOTES" and one reads "ROOTS " with no "E". Two of these cars were originally sold in Maryland , one in Texas and the other in Columbus. Ohio won't change the titles to read Sunbeam since that's how they were originally titled.

That's pretty much how it went. Original pink says ROOTES and the officer just couldn't make the leap.

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
nervous

Good deal getting the full VIN on there. I jumped through this same hoop too and managed only to get SUNBE on title. I have seen ROOTS and SUNBM, but that data field is limited to 5 characters for newly titled CA cars. Just be thankful that you didn't wind up with a CA registration plate!
Cheers -Kevin

I was definitely stressing about having a new vin sticker added. But, he was cool about it. It really helped that I had the original valve cover sticker with the engine code matching the vin plate code. It make the officer a lot more comfortable.