California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum

Go Back   California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum > Sunbeam Tiger > Your Tigers Story
New Threads

Old 10-14-2017, 11:15 PM
Platinum Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Thumbs up Progress

I bought my Tiger as a wreck (accident damage ) in 2011. It has been a long time however today was a major event for me. I am working on it when I can. Had major problems with faulty crimping of the wiring for the car. Have pulled the dash down, reconnected all the terminals and today, after checking everything, I connected a battery, and the starter turned the engine over. The first movement of this wonderful machine since 1986. WOW am now motivated to complete the restore.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 AM
Platinum Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Further progress on Boxing day the engine started and ran for the very first time. After 5 minutes I shut it down, fire low on the right side. Found it was a leak from the valve covers. the longer bolts supplied for the higher valve covers were not sealing. Oil was dropping onto the headers. I think I have fixed that.
Next was brakes, done an dusted. The brembo's on the front and Mazda' on the back have pressure. The clutch was a bugger I am using silicon fluid and I had a problem with leaking at the slave, took it out (not fun) and returned it to the repair place. Got it back, fitted it (not fun) and leaking again. Crap.
The repair place used dot 4 fluid to rebuild the slave, I am using DOT 5
When I tried to bleed the silicon mett the dot 4 and crap happened,
Took it all apart again, cleaned it all and now my beast has brakes and a clutch
So now I am happy and having a beer